Jill...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, Mar 29, 2007.

1. .......... another from today's series.

[​IMG]

2. I like this alot Graeme

3. Sweet! Very cool crop Graeme

4. Thanks Mike............ :smile:

Thought you'd like this one Eric! :wink:

G

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Beautiful eyes. Love the hair detail.

Perhaps a little more attention to the skin on the fill side could make it better, but that depends on your vision for the image.

6. Graeme, spectacular...

7. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    G... Love It!!

D

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Graeme,
    I like this one the best of the three. It's an excellent image. I agree with Scott though. The only downside I can see to your PP methodology is that it tends to leave a mottled effect on parts of the skin. We talked about this via PM on one of your other recent images and I see the same thing with this one. I would do some healing, dodging and/or clone work on the fill side to reduce this effect. This is simple stuff and, for me at least, would make the photo perfect.

A wonderful composition Graeme. Beautifully done.

EDIT: I changed my mind about liking this one best of the three. I actually think like them all equally.

9. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

neat colors !

10. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    What lovely eyes! Graeme, I like how you PP this one though I see what Stu is referring to. That can be easily fixed. Well done overall, Graeme!

11. Agree with you on the fill side Scott........... PP is NOT one of my strong pointsn and I find myself struggling a little on this skin thing!

Thanks John..............

Thanks Don......... hope you are well!

Stu, agree with you (and Scott) entirely.......... I really am struggling with this at the moment.......... I'm not sure which tools to use........ clone/healing brush/dodge etc.......... which is why they look crap! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks Topher............ how are you dude????? :cool:

Thanks Banhup.... see my replies to Scott and Stu!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    I really like this one. The colors are great and the crop really works for me.

Nice stuff.

13. Thanks Tim........... good of you to leave a comment! :smile:
    G

14. Really a fabulous image, Graeme. The skin doesn't bother me at all and it's what I expect from your high contrast style images. Actually, I love the character that it adds. Her eyes just glow using your technique.

The nitpick for me would be a flash of white (a window perhaps?) on [camera left] of the scarf. Or is that a fuzz?

15. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    I love this image Graeme...the negative space works so well with the composition of your subject.

May I ask what lighting technique was used?

Great work!

16. Hey Erik.........thanks for taking a look! It's the back of the chair she was sitting on! Missed that one! Oops............ :biggrin:

Thanks JD.............. natural window light from her right.......... no reflectors, no fill........... just as is. :smile:

G