Jill...

Beautiful eyes. Love the hair detail.

Perhaps a little more attention to the skin on the fill side could make it better, but that depends on your vision for the image.

Graeme,
I like this one the best of the three. It's an excellent image. I agree with Scott though. The only downside I can see to your PP methodology is that it tends to leave a mottled effect on parts of the skin. We talked about this via PM on one of your other recent images and I see the same thing with this one. I would do some healing, dodging and/or clone work on the fill side to reduce this effect. This is simple stuff and, for me at least, would make the photo perfect.

A wonderful composition Graeme. Beautifully done.

EDIT: I changed my mind about liking this one best of the three. I actually think like them all equally.

What lovely eyes! Graeme, I like how you PP this one though I see what Stu is referring to. That can be easily fixed. Well done overall, Graeme!

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Beautiful eyes. Love the hair detail.

Perhaps a little more attention to the skin on the fill side could make it better, but that depends on your vision for the image.
Agree with you on the fill side Scott........... PP is NOT one of my strong pointsn and I find myself struggling a little on this skin thing!

Graeme, spectacular...
Thanks John..............

G... Love It!!

D
Thanks Don......... hope you are well!

Graeme,
I like this one the best of the three. It's an excellent image. I agree with Scott though. The only downside I can see to your PP methodology is that it tends to leave a mottled effect on parts of the skin. We talked about this via PM on one of your other recent images and I see the same thing with this one. I would do some healing, dodging and/or clone work on the fill side to reduce this effect. This is simple stuff and, for me at least, would make the photo perfect.

A wonderful composition Graeme. Beautifully done.

EDIT: I changed my mind about liking this one best of the three. I actually think like them all equally.
Stu, agree with you (and Scott) entirely.......... I really am struggling with this at the moment.......... I'm not sure which tools to use........ clone/healing brush/dodge etc.......... which is why they look crap! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

neat colors !
Thanks Topher............ how are you dude????? :cool:

What lovely eyes! Graeme, I like how you PP this one though I see what Stu is referring to. That can be easily fixed. Well done overall, Graeme!

Thanks Banhup.... see my replies to Scott and Stu!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Really a fabulous image, Graeme. The skin doesn't bother me at all and it's what I expect from your high contrast style images. Actually, I love the character that it adds. Her eyes just glow using your technique.

The nitpick for me would be a flash of white (a window perhaps?) on [camera left] of the scarf. Or is that a fuzz?

I love this image Graeme...the negative space works so well with the composition of your subject.

May I ask what lighting technique was used?

Great work!

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Really a fabulous image, Graeme. The skin doesn't bother me at all and it's what I expect from your high contrast style images. Actually, I love the character that it adds. Her eyes just glow using your technique.

The nitpick for me would be a flash of white (a window perhaps?) on [camera left] of the scarf. Or is that a fuzz?
Hey Erik.........thanks for taking a look! It's the back of the chair she was sitting on! Missed that one! Oops............ :biggrin:

I love this image Graeme...the negative space works so well with the composition of your subject.

May I ask what lighting technique was used?

Great work!
Thanks JD.............. natural window light from her right.......... no reflectors, no fill........... just as is. :smile:

G

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom