Jodie and the Strat!

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Apr 14, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Model Jodie Cheng and my Stratocaster. I'm going to go back and remove those blasted stray hairs in the "V" of her necklace. Comments welcome.

459132403_f9985c290c_o.

2. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Beautiful capture of an equally beautiful model, Fred! I like the lighting too. The stray hairs do not bother me at all.

3. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Nice pic Frede. Nice strat too :smile:

Interesting choice to go b&w on this one.

4. Uh-Oh... Look out, he's catching on!

Unless there's some technical flaw with the way she's holding that axe, this is a great shot.

5. Good eye, Woody.

I'm sure Stuart will weigh in here, but her hand is positioned like someone playing a bass guitar instead of a six string.

Great shot anyway!

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Well....okay....as the resident guitar guru the hands are both off, but I love this shot anyway. This is excellent work Fred.....and still from your first ever model shoot or from a later shoot?

I especially dig her pose and the necklace hanging down. Great choice for a B&W conversion too.

I think the stray hairs can stay or go....whichever suits you. I'd probably nix them, but that's me and my hyperactive, OCD, PP style.

Excellent work. Call me when you are ready for a *real* amp to go with yo strat-o-macaster.:wink:

Shameless Plug

7. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I've seen axe players play that way....great shot.

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    No you haven't.........

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

really? what am I missing?

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Well we can easily overlook the fact that her fretting hand is simply mashing the strings in a manner that would create a dull *clunk* if she actually strummed them......because every shot you ever see of a non-guitar player holding a guitar has this same technical flaw, but the bigger issue is that her right hand resting across the strings immediately above the neck pickup would serve no purpose whatsoever. Now if it was essentially in the same position, but further up and over the fingerboard then I guess she *could* be doing right hand tapping in the style of EVH, but as it is.....it's not positioned for anything that would work.

Also since the pickup selector switch has the neck pickup engaged the most likely result of her right hand's position would be to depress the strings in to the pole pieces of the active pickup creating a tink....tink....tink noise.

None of this disturbs the shot for me or detracts from it in anyway for me as a viewer who knows guitars, but since it was brought up..........

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  11. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Banhup!

Thank you - her outfit was black and white like the guitar so the BW works well.

Thanks Woody! She's holding it WAY wrong, but it looks WAY better with her holding it than it does with me holding it. Jodie was so much fun to work with. She was flinging the guitar around and batting off the poses like a madwomen. We are going to shoot again. She actually works directly across the street from me so why not.

Thanks Mitchell. All kidding aside, I missed so many of the small details on this shoot. It was a great learning experience for me.

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Stuart. It's still from the first shoot. Jodie was beside herself excited when I told her about the concept. She did a heck of a job posing and with the wardrobe. This shot is ALL Jodie Cheng really. I think she's going to like the series.

I'm down to a 30watt Marshall these days. All the big amps are long gone - haven't played a gig in forever. Though I still jam with Jimi as much as possible.

Thanks Mike. I'm gonna stay outta this.:biggrin:

14. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Seems you have been around a guitar or three......:biggrin:

15. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Probably wise. My first look had me seeing a bass. Long day....

16. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Or three....yes.:smile:

17. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    What guitar??? Did anyone else see a guitar in the posted photo? :biggrin:

Wonderful capture and great BW conversion.

18. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Exactly! Who'd even notice?

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I love everything about this picture...the B&W...the way her necklace hangs down...her hair...and of course the sharpness of it. Great job.