Jodie Cheng

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Apr 6, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I shot two models on my first shoot. That was probably a mistake on my part..... way too much for me to focus on for my first shoot. Anyway, here's one of the second model Jodie Cheng. Jodie is such a kind and sweet person. Yea, and so very beautiful.

I may go back an try to do something with the bow on her shirt. Maybe I'll dup the side with the loop and add it to the other for some symmetry.

Please let know what you think. All comments welcome.

[​IMG]

2. You were probably smart to book two models. There is a very high percentage of no-shows in this biz so don't be so hard on yourself over this.

But, you're right... it's too much for a beginner because you're very likely to be all over the place with ideas and get a bunch of so-so shots instead of going in with a plan and concentrating on those ideas.

Regardless, I like everything you've posted from the shoot. Nothing really spectacular but all show good exposure, composition and a certain "ease" that speaks well for your technique.

Keep working with new models and you'll find one with the right chemistry. Ultimately it's a collaboration so keep that in mind and when you find someone who clicks, come up with a concept that you both like and can focus on.

3. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    Thanks for Sharing Fred!

Sharp image and well exposed! I like the lighting as well, and the background works for this mood I think.

I also like the pose, but I'm not crazy about the facial expression. I'm not sure why though.

Keep posting! I'm trying to borrow (steal) some of your ideas.

4. Lighting looks good here, Fred.

I don't like the way she is holding her head and looking with such an extreme sidewards glance. Her right eye looks awkward in this position.

Post some more from this session.

5. Your model is beautiful and your light very nice, a potent combination. You are doing great Fred so just keep it up. I hope to see more of this lovely lady in the future.

6. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    I'm just curious...how much do you guys charge these models for a session?

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good exposure, and don't worry about that bow! Watch out for model looking out of the extreme coners of their eyes. Makes them look crosseyed. Also, her mouth would be better closed in this shot, imo. Nice work!

8. Like the light here Fred............ agree with Steve in relation to her eyes.........

Boy........... you're a fast learner my friend! :eek:

G

9. You mean, how much do these models charge you for a session:biggrin:

10. I like this one better than the one of her you had in the sneak preview thread Fred. Let's see more.

11. To reply the the "who pays who" questions... it all depends.

Models pay photographers if they feel the photographer can add something special to their book.

Photographers pay models for the same reason and when they are getting paid for the shoot.

But in the case of most photographers and models, it's a trade off. The model gets prints or files on a CD and the photographer gets experience or tries out a new idea or, in my case, the enjoyment of the hobby.

12. I like this shot Fred. I saw it on Jodie's MM page earlier today. Next time you book multiple models and think you'll be overwhelmed, give me a holler - I'd be glad to lend a hand! Depending on what you're shooting, I might even let you use the Beast!! :biggrin:

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Hindsight being 20/20, I did have too much going on. However, with the knowledge I've gained, I am very excited to do it again. This time I'll shoot with one model at a relaxed pace. I think I can do much better job next time.

Thanks for you comments and insight.

Thanks for you comments Samer. You are welcome to all of my ideas. :smile:

Thanks Mitchell. I really appreciate you comments. For some reason I'm having a problem selecting the good ones of the pile......... of 500 images. :frown:

Thank you Gordon. I will post some more, but I'm gonna take a break from the PP for a bit. I think may have burned holes in my eyes. :eek:

This shoot was done on a Time For CD (TFCD) basis. The model and photographer do the shoot, then the photographer gives the model a copy of the images. No money changes hands.

Thanks for your comments Steve. I love your work, and I appreciate you taking the time to critique mine.

Thanks Graeme. I am trying, and there's a LOT to learn yet. The cool thing is that I'm having so much fun learning this stuff.

:smile:

I agree Roy. I have given up on the "sneek peek" shot. More to come. :smile:

Thanks Woody.

Thanks Keith. We have to colborate at some point - lets figure out how to do that. However, you'll have to keep that darn beast away from me. I don't have cabbage $$$. Okay, maybe I'll try it real quick.......

14. I would hate to be the cause of your divorce!! The Beast almost caused a major conflict in my relationship, UNTIL I reminded Nafeesah that only around $300 came out of my pocket since I sold some stuff I wasn't using... :biggrin:

We can definitely get together!! Where did you last shoot take place? I'd be more than willing to drive out to you. I can easily pack the Bee, everything else stays packed and ready to go...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.