Jodie!

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Apr 16, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
  2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    2 very nice images. The 2nd one is my favorite. Love the lighting and expression. Congrats

Regards

RFC

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Robert.

4. cbclark64

cbclark64

Feb 20, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    I really like both of these. Good job Fred.

Chris

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Welllll,

You probably already know what I'm gonna say here. She's looking too far out of the corner of her eye with her right eye. One way to fix that is to have your camera position lower and a touch more left. In #2, she seems to be gazing off into nowhere, and again too far off camera's position for this pose. Otherwise, they're great! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  6. I like everything about these except for two things: The eye positions as Steve mentioned, but I don't think it ruins the shots in any way, it's just one of those distractions that only photographers catch. The other is her expression in the second image - it looks stressful.

You've done an outstanding job with lighting and processing, and when you take what you've learned from your first shoot and apply it to your next, you will see a marked improvement in the incidentals unique to this genre of photography.

Anyone looking at your work leading up to these knows that you are skilled photographer and I think that's why we tend to pick at your work... we want to see you handle this with the same skill and ease that we see in your earlier work.

You are a fine example of the excellent photographers emerging in this forum... and it's all being done with class and quality!

7. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Fred.....there is nothing left to critique.

I am really amazed at not only the quality you were able to achieve on your first shoot, but also the variety. You definitely shot for the moon. Setting your sights so high can lead to being discouraged, but that's not what I'm seeing here.

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Chris.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. You suggestions will be in the front of my mind on the next shoot. I really appreciate your help Steve.

Many thanks, and thanks for the kind words Woody. I really appreciate you taking the time to "pick" at my work. I hope you will continue to do so because it teaches me so much. I can't wait to do another shoot!

Thanks Stuart! I always appreciate you comments and guidance. As I told Woody, I am very excited to do another shoot. Hopefully soon!