John Cabot rose

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Bee on a rose.

[​IMG]

2. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Nice pic, Gilles.
    Jerry Snider

3. Jerry, i think the the angle that the sun hit a subjet has a lot to do with the appearance of sharpness; more than the lens or the camera that you use.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty...

Big ol' fat fuzzy bee :>))

Nicely shot. Very attractive. Beautiful color.

5. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Gilles
    I would have to politely disagree with that assessment. Just an opinion, however. After 40 years of this, I still don't know what I am doing :( However, I don't know what this has to do with the pic under discussion.
    Jerry Snider

6. I think it's a wonderful picture for a CP5700. I could never get sharp focus on small things like that with my 5700 - that's why I bought the D70 :D

Good going!

7. Pa i must say that the picture coming out of the 5700 are not always that sharp.

8. Another view of the same rose.

[​IMG]

another view.

[​IMG]

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Gilles,
    My apologies. I now see where you are coming from re your comments on light, etc. vs lens and camera. Obviously, you were referring to the 5700 and its performance. Pa's comments now make it clear. Thanks.
    Jerry Snider

10. Jerry the 5700 can take very beautiful pictures if i use a tripod and the lowest iso which is 100. Without a tripod, that another story. One of my oldest tripod a linhof with a leitz head had been very good for over 25 years but the locks on the legs quits last year, i replace it with a gitzo which a little less stable than the linhof and a lot heavier and bigger. In between tripod i use an old Davis and Sanford 4x5 tripod with the 5700. I don't know why but the picture taken with it and the 5700 looks softer.