1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

John Day Fossil Beds OR

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Amarok, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    I actually live very close to this area and let me tell you it is quite beautiful. There is tons of wild life to go along with the landscape, just watch out for rattle snakes.

This picture was actually taken at the painted hills while I was out doing some field work for a geology class. I got there in the late afternoon and it was my last stop after a very long day. The lighting wasn't perfect as it would have been better at sunset or sunrise but I still loved going there. Hopefully here soon I'll head out just for this location and get some shots with better lighting.

paintedhills1.
    NIKON D40       18mm    f/10.0    1/250s    ISO 200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.