Joined the club - First outing

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by j.ankanpaa, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Hello all!

The D200 club it is... No suprize here that it´s a great great cam, that often I have been visited at stores to handle it during past six months...

Here´s some shots I took with it yesterday. All taken with Nikkor 18-70.

#1 I really love those shadows and the reflections on the glass. And wonderful yellow under the windows too...

#5 I love this color on buildings...

#6... and that is why I like this building a lot too (by the way, is there anything weird in this shot? I played with PTLENS perspective correction... and yep, it looks a bit strange)

#7 Visited also in an Art exhibition

#8 There´s also two of my companion´s works to be seen

#9 And before I took any of those above shots I snapped these two of the best known landmark here

2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice shootin
    Great camera for sure:))
    Love mine:>))))))))
  3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Congratulations, Jukka. Those are nice, and I'm already looking forward to your dragon collection for this year.

4. Thanks, Gale!:smile:

Yep, I love my "lady" :biggrin:
  5. Thakns, Bob! :smile:

Guess what, I just saw first damsel about 2 hours ago. Spring is very early here, these damsels are flying abouth one month earlier than two previous years... Unfortenately I wasn´t able to photograph it :frown:
  6. Jukka............ fantastic work. I really liked the shadows of the trees on the buildings in the window images.

7. super work!
  8. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Hej Jukka.
    Great shots. The colours are very good. Congratulations with your new cam. I hope you'll get a lot of pleasure with it. Can't believe you already have seen a damsel. Sounds good for the Odonata season :biggrin: .
  9. Great collection - well done, nice and sharp, super colours.
  10. biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Jukka , these are very nice I like them. To answer youre question the right side of the bldg looks like the top bows out too much to the right to me.Just alittle.
  11. Thanks, Graeme! :smile:

Thanks, Dave!:smile:

Tackar o pockar!:smile:

I would not have believed seeing it eather, but I already knew (news travel fast) they were out there. There were more that 10 reported to be seen. I guess I arrived too late as sun was already going down and the air cooled fast. These damsels (Sympecma paedisca) hibernate through winter as adults and when it´s warm enough for them they´ll come out. Their German name Sibirische Winterlibelle = Siberian winterdamsel (well, the finnish one too: Idänkirsikorento = Eastern winter damsel) gives you an idea how tough species we´re talkin about :smile:

I just hope that next sunday will be as warm as yesterday as that´s the day I have a change to go see them next time...

Here´s one shot taken yesterday by Sulka Haro (so, it´s not mine), he said they looked amazingly fresh and also saw one pair mating... it better be looking fresh then :biggrin:

Thanks, Sandi! :smile:

Yep, I was looking the same... but then again ptlens plug-in does wonders, I just need to learn it quite a bit (and when to use it :biggrin: ).

Thanks for your comment, Biggs!:smile:
  12. I can see you're starting to have fun with that D200. nice series. Thanks for sharing.
  13. wisredz

Sep 13, 2006
    The first three are great! You gotta love your D200, I sure do adore mine...