Joint Services Airshow, Andrews AFB

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by PistolPete, May 20, 2007.

1. Nice shots! I liked how you captured the afterburners on some of them. :biggrin:
  2. Nice photos Pete!
  3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Pete superb shot of the raptor, one of the best top detail shots I have seen!

also this shot from your gallery of the Hornet is also a superior shot, love the light vs dark on the plane:

forgive me for posting this, but it is just to good not to be seen too! Bravo, and If I offended you with the link, I will remove it.

4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic shots. Better than I did
    Those babies are FAST
  5. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding shots Pete.
  6. Thank you everyone! Just got back home after a long drive and I have close to 2000 (!!) RAW images to look at. That motor drive is addictive...

No problems with posting Commodorefirst, it was so late last night I didn't get a chance to link more of the picts.

This is my 2nd airshow using digital. Humm, maybe this stuff has some staying power after all... :))
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  7. Wow, great images. Thanks for posting.
  8. namroff

namroff Guest

Wow Pete--that was perfect weather, and your shots made the most of it. Well done!
  9. Very cool images! I went last spring and tried to get shots of the Blue Angels with a point and shoot, oh so thats what shutter lag is all about. haha
  10. mdupont

Jun 12, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    I was there on Friday. Very tough shooting conditions. Overcast grey skies and grey planes dont mix.
    Here are a few that I took with a neighbors 70 - 200 with a 1.7tC

The F-22 Raptor is the most amazing plane Ive seen

You can see all my pictures here.

11. Great job there Mike! The good thing about a gray day is the chance to get some vapor off the wings. This gives a good feel of how fast they're flying.
  12. all these are great except that last one of that, white something or other. :biggrin: