Josh celebrates at Magic Time Machine (6)

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by cajun angel, May 12, 2007.

1. Today we took the kids to a very special restaurant called The Magic Time Machine. This is a place where the waitresses and waiters dress up as various charactersand literally act their part, the decor is nothing less than fun, the design of the building can be very confusing and one can end up lost (well kinda!). This is a wonderful place to celebrate anything you celebrate! I took about 50 photos and had none to throw out! Everything was taken with my wonderful 18-200mm VR, ISO was 400. The lighting in there is quite dark, so flash was used too. Hope ya'll enjoy peeking in on part 1 day 1 of our celebration! Oh yeah, Josh will be 7 tomorrow!

Jimmy "teen titan Robin", Mariam "Tigress", Josh "Capt jack jr", Mark "Johnny Blaze?"
    495374283_7aaecf5ed0_b.

What ya get for asking for a refill, Robin! (notice Jimmy's straw!)
    495374321_bb3eb78a0c_b.

"magic potion" a drink that has dry ice in it to make it bubble and "smoke"
    View attachment 95236

Capt Jack Jr blows out the candle - the Magic Time Machine waiters and waitresses will crowd around and sing Happy Birthday (their own version of it) and it's quite funny!
    View attachment 95237

"Yummy!"
    View attachment 95238

"The Yellow Bumble Bee" gets in on the action! (quad momma!)
    View attachment 95239

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I saw 'Josh' and 'magic' in the thread title, so I had to respond!

Those are great Dianne, but what'd you go as?

BTW, if you use FV lock on the camera, you might keep your hubby from blinking during the exposure.

3. Okay, guess I'll post it! Dunno what to call myself actually. I wore my atv riding shirt. I'll call myself "yellow bumble bee!" LOL - I'll edit it into the original part to avoid confusion! And thanks!

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats a cool shot you added Dianne. Wow, the kids got balloons too..sounds like my kind of place.

5. Nice shots Dianne, looks like you are really enjoying your new lens!!! I Like robins straw, kids always want to do things a little different!

6. The Magic Time Machine is indeed a great place! I guess I'll do another post about "Disco" the balloonist. I just didn't want to over do on the posting! LOL! It's funny, I'm always behind the camera and unless you've seen me before, you probably wouldn't notice I'm almost 20 lbs lighter in this photo! I usually don't like seeing myself in photos, but since you asked and I'm in such a happy mood, I thought, okay I'll do it! :wink: :biggrin:

7. Thanks Tom! I do love my new lens! At this point, I don't know how I managed without it! It may not be a "pro" lens but it's a fun lens!

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Lots of fun was had by your family today...and that's exactly the way it should be! What a sport you were to dress up...cool that your whole family did! Joshua must feel like the most special kid in the world! Happy Birthday, Josh!

9. Well, if it wasn't so blooming hot, I would have worn one of my 2 really nice cosutmes - one has a bustle and the other is like a Mary Poppins type. I'm always one to get in on the fun and was happy that Mark did too! Thanks for peeking in! There's gonna be more tomorrow!

10. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Looks like Josh had a great birthday. Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Thanks Rex! BUT it ain't over yet! His b-day is actually tomorrow, he's getting baptized tomorrow, and it's Mother's Day! What a day! Stay tuned for more photos!

12. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Looks like it will be a good Mothers Day also.

13. Oh yeah! IN EVERY WAY!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good shots
    Good job Dianne

15. Thanks Gale! We had a blast! NEver a dull moment!:biggrin:

16. Very cool series! Looks like a little fun was had by all.

17. Thanks Dave! We did have a really fun time there! I'll probably post some pics of the decor later. The food's good too!