Jourdan at the cafe

Hi everyone. I had the chance to shoot a couple of models at a cafe last week. I tried to use the warm/cool thing by geling the stobes on her with 1/4 CTO and the background CTB. I shot with 2 SB-600's into umbrellas camera left and right and then one SB-800 for the background. What do you think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What do CTO and CTB mean?

I really like the difference between the warm and the cold.

3 is my favorite shot. It's absolutely captivating, but one minor thing, the light appearing underneath the stool is a bit distracting. Maybe you could burn it a bit?

2 is a bit static for me.

1 - is the light on the left side of her arm or what is that bright spot?

Thanks. CTO is color temperature orange and CTB is color temperature blue. Good points about the light under the stool. I'll work on it as well as the reflection behind her arm on the first. Funny how I've been staring at these images for every while working on them and never noticed :)

Very nice work. I really like the colors. It's been said, but my critique would also be the BG hot spots - mostly in 1 & 3. I'm curious to know how you set your white balance.

I like all the images, espeically number 3. The only thing that nags me about second image is the white spot on her lips......I don't know if it's a reflection from a tooth or a reflection on the lip that is distracting me. Overall I like the warm/cool colors, and attractive model. Thanks for sharing.

I like the photos and how you've used the cool/warm lighting contrasts.

How did you get such a wide reach with the SB-800 for the background? I'm assuming you went with the widest focal length...did you use any diffusers?

Thanks,
Glenn

Latest posts

Top Bottom