1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jousting

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Taco, Jul 26, 2008.

1. I spent some time at a midevil tornament trying to get some shots of riders getting hit off their horse. There were a few good hits but nobody was dismounted. A few captures...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

339430737_AiJMA-L.

339432003_JyG3j-L.

339433433_FTSD8-L.

339433628_sVrFz-L.

339436286_fzfnv-L.

2. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Beautiful shots!

Our local renaissance fair isn't until November. I can't wait for it this year--I missed it last year. (Bummer.) The jousting is my favorite part. :biggrin:

3. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Shades of "Ivanhoe." Great shots. One of my favorite periods in history.

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice images Ted, it looks like a fun event to watch/photograph

5. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Great shots. The knights and horses certainly carry me back in time.

6. cool shots, ted
    something a bit different
    well done

thanks for sharing these with us

7. Glad you guys liked the pics. This competition coined the phrase "test your metal". The blonde girl is 14 years old and was wearing 130 lbs. of armor. I was a little surprised to discover the ends of their lances were balsa wood, now I understand how the riders manage to hang on after a hit.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

8. Nice shots, Ted. There could be some very serious damage done, if not for that balsa wood.

9. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Ted, Great shots.
    I think these might look interesting if they were "aged"....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.