JRMS Middle School Girls Field Hockey

OK, New lens and new to me camera, D7100 and a Sigma 150-600 Sport. Game was late in the day, after 5pm so the sun was going down and the lighting wasn't great. Lots of high iso shots. I performed some rudimentary post processing with LR, use auto tone, made a preset for noise and sharpness and did some cropping. I think that they came out OK for my experience level. Manual mode, shutter was 1/1600, Aperture wide open, standing with a monopod. Large field, larger than I ever shot at. It was a good experience for me.

Comments and help/guidance welcome
Thanks
Bill

JRMS Field Hockey

Allan, thanks. I used auto ISO because with my cataracts I really cant see the LCD outside to see what's going on. iso ranged from 360-6400(which I had set as max)

I also ran into some bogging down of the memory writing so about 2/3's of the way through I switched from Large RAW+Fine to just Fine. I'm not used to rapid shooting. For this kind of photography should I just be shooting Large RAW or what? Thanks

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom