Julian Beever - Chalk Artist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoByMark, Oct 16, 2005.

1. So my mom sends me all kinds of email that she gets. Most of it, not too interesting. Anyway, I thought this guy does some very interesting work. He draws on pavement, sidewalks and on buildings etc and makes flat 2-D pictures that when viewed at the proper angle appear to be 3-D. I thought this was pretty darn creative and I thought some of you may enjoy these also.

Tell me what you think of these.

Check it out:

Julian Beever - Chalk Artist

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Mark. Paintings that look best in a photograph. Amazing!

3. Thank you Mark, he is truely a genious in every way. Painting chalk etc. That is a true gift given to him by God.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  4. If you gave me some colored chalk, I probably could draw a real nice stick figure and it would look pretty crappy from any angle. :smile:

Really, Mr. Beever does some pretty neat stuff. I appreciate his creativeness (is that a word?). Anyway, I like it.

5. Interesting link, Mark. I really liked the 3D stuff.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Great link, my family loved it. I have actually seen his work at the Strand in London. But, wow his other stuff is fantastic.

7. shudderbug2

shudderbug2

Mar 25, 2005
    Raleigh, NC
    I've seen those before

And they are just plain incredible! Wish I had that kind of talent.

8. Chalk Artist

Thanks for posting , it looked like a real life photo, I guess I'm in the stick person catagory, sorta where my photography beguins, and slowly dies. :rolleyes: