1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Julian went to summer school

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil K, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Julian went to summer school for 2 weeks in Palo Alto.

Signing in for school.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    40mm    f/3.5    1/400s    ISO 400

In his room.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    65mm    f/3.5    1/320s    ISO 6400

With his roommate. Julian was tired with jet lag.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    50mm    f/3.5    1/400s    ISO 4500

Unpacking.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    34mm    f/3.5    1/200s    ISO 6400

Checking the computer.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    50mm    f/3.5    1/400s    ISO 560

Taking another photo before kissing him goodbye.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    50mm    f/5.6    1/400s    ISO 220

And finally after 2 long weeks, we were re-united again. Everyone was so happy.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    45mm    f/5.6    1/100s    ISO 400

2. Hi Phil,
    Nice Pics, Did Julian go for extra College credit? or just for extra HS Crediit.

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Phil those are great!! I bet you are happy to be together again.

4. Great series, Phil.
    You have a very nice son, who's maturing by leaps and bounds.
    I'm so happy I had a chance to meet Julian myself!
    :smile::smile::smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Looking forward to seeing more of your vacation pics.

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Shots Phil! He Looks Like A Fine Young Man!

6. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Phil,
    His smile in the last shot says it all. Nice.

7. Nice images of a new turn in his life.
    Julian looks like a great kid Phil, he will always be grateful for all you did and will do for him.

8. chaswes5

chaswes5

Apr 20, 2008
    USA
    I wonder if the roommate's T shirt refers to Quicksilver Messenger Service--a great rock band from the 60s?

Enjoyed the captures--Julian is a lucky guy.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    What kind of summer is this that they have to stay overnight for 2 weeks. Sounds like something I might be interested in doing for my son next year.

10. Phil, these are great. Look how big he is getting. I love the reunion shot at the end.

I spent a summer at Stanford after my Junior year in high school. A great experience for me. It really whet my appetite for higher learning.

11. Phil, this is a major step for this bright young man. He will go far. I am glad he seemed to enjoy his experience in the USA and and what better place to learn than at Stanford.

12. great series
    how lucky of julian to be able to spend time at the university
    something he'll always remember

love the pictures
    all of them

13. Thank you Joey. It's a summer program provided by the university for high school and middle school kids to have an experience in college life and teaching. There is no extra credit but is a great experience for him. He had 2 weeks of intensive teaching in physics.

Thank you Kurt. Yes, it's only 2 weeks but it felt great when I saw him again.

Hi Virginia. Thank you for your kind words and thanks for meeting us. :smile:

Thank you Steve. Julian is 13 and suddenly grows a lot in the past 6 months.

Thank you Paul. He enjoyed the program very much but still was delighted to see his family again.

14. Thank you Frits. We hope he can benefit from the experience and he should learn a lot, not only academically, from this program.

Thank you very much. The T-shirt is from Quiksilver, an Australian brand specialized in surf apparels.

Thank you Seneca. A lot of universities offer boarding summer programs for high school and middle school kids and I think it's a great opportunity for the young ones.

Thank you Mitch. We hope this experience can help him in future education. It's his second year doing similar program. Next year hr may try another university.

Thank you Gordon. Julian enjoyed the stay and learned a lot in adapting to different environments.

Thank you Greg. We want to widen his scope and know more about the outside world. He sure will remember this wonderful trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.