1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

July 19th, Downtown Tampa, Flugtag

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Bolts, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
  2. Looks interesting - we want pictures on Monday.

3. Pia,
    what time will you go over
    i have to work in the morning... unfortunately

i'm quite interested in THIS event, however

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm going to attempt to haul my cookies (along with the 80-400) downtown on my bike, but geez, it's like 112d out there with 101% humidity and a body could get flattened by a hellacious thunderstorm or hail or a waterspout at any time. We'll see.

Edit:

Ok, Greg, you are talking me into it. What time are you off work? The launching starts at 1:00pm... I'm thinking an on-foot departure from Four Green Fields?

5. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    And I ALWAYS pay for parking at Four Greens by buying a beer...

6. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
  7. ah.....
    i won't get out of work until 10
    and... with my D3 and 70-200+ TC-14.... i'll be far "shorter" than you

so.....
    what shall we do?

8. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I'm all for this if you want to join me. The contraptions will start launching themselves off the 30-foot ramp at 1:00 behind the Convention Center.

The easiest thing will be to walk over the Platt Street Bridge, I would think.

30,000 to 60,000 people is a scary number, particularly when it comes to parking. I might have to rethink the idea of parking at 4 Greens or the Publix at Platt and Bayshore. Wear tennis shoes and sunscreen.

12:00 noon though would give us time to scope out a spot.

I'll be bringing my 80-400, so you are indeed a bit 'shorter' than me. And did I mention that I'm 5'10" tall????

I'll PM my phone number to you.

ANYONE ELSE UP FOR THIS IN TAMPA??? Mitch? BrainOnSigs?

10. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    It's like trying to breath underwater out there sometimes, John. It's been raining so much I have mold growing on the algae in my driveway, and my toes, Lord, we don't even want to talk about my toes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.