July 4th Photos

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We had a fabulous July 4 weekend, full of family activities. I've got a lot of photos to sort through.

Our first activity was the parade. I don't know of this photo works or not because it is so busy, but I thought it shows the innocence of childhood, not having to worry about war and all the other world problems. Jaden was standing under our multicolored umbrella so there are a host of color and exposure problems. I did everything I knew how to do to fix it. Not sure if it works or not.

Innocence
    original.

Candy
    View attachment 223233

Sibling Rivalry (at the beach)
    View attachment 223235

Princess at the Picnic (Harlee is so busy now--it's impossible to photograph her sitting or standing still.)
    View attachment 223236

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    These rock Terri - love the punchy colors and contrast.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Such a beautiful set of photos. "Princess at the Picnic" is my favorite. She seems so pleased with herself and her one perfect potato chip!

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Real Nice Terri! Love The Last One!

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Sibling Rivalry is over the top ...made me laught! ...love these Terry ..;-)))

6. Very nice Terry....... "Candy" is amazing....

7. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    Which lens on the D200?

8. nice series of shots.

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    These are wonderful images Terri. Since you are asking for critique, I'll say the image quality is excellent and your family is beautiful. :smile:

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Linda. I've always been afraid to add much contrast. I'm trying to go for more. Glad you like what I did.

Leigh,
    Thanks, hope you had a great weekend, too.

Thanks, Steve.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Mark!! Those twins are so funny. They have learned to get irritated with each other.

Thanks so much. She is a sweetheart.

All but the last were shot with the 17-55; the last was shot with the 70-200.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much.

Fred, you are so kind. Glad you like what I did.

13. It looks like an all-American family enjoying an all-American holiday. Great series of the grandkids.

14. Hi Terri,

These look great........

and I am glad to see not everyone in the world needs the latest toys to make great memorable images.

GenoP

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Brian. Hope your holiday was a great one!!

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Geno. I can't afford the latest toys, so I'll just have to make do with the wonderful equipment that I have. I have the feeling that there are lots of people like me who don't buy every new thing that comes along and can still enjoy photography as much as the guy who can buy it all. The cafe is great that way.....there is a little bit of everything.

17. Just as a side note, I talked to my friend Ron Reznick the other night, and he is still quite happy with his original D2X and D2Hs, and has no plans for an upgrade........

As much as he would like a D3, he feels it would disturb his work-flo too much.

GenoP

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    That's interesting. Thanks. I guess if he can get by without the latest and greatest, I should be able to do the same, especially since I can still learn so much from the equipment that I have. I've only been doing this for about 3 years so I certainly haven't outgrown my equipment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.