July One Prime Birgit's 300 f/4 w 1.4 tc

First time here, don't quite know what's going on:confused::confused: Put this up quickly. If I am not doing this correctly, just delete me:Curved:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't think you HAVE to post a picture a day - just helps make it more of a challenge :)

but its nice to see another 300 F/4 enter :D

cute purple finch - nice details

Real Name
Chris
UhOh, i just read in another post you have to put up a photo every day. good luck on that one from me!

Never mind......
Oh no, no no! Your photos are most welcome here Birgit! The only rule is that you shoot with a single prime for the month of July. Your birds look GREAT! I especially like the wren - he's a little bit different thn many bird shots. This one has a good 'home' feeling to it.

Please keep it up and continue to post, your photos make a good counterpoint to Paul's.

Real Name
Mark
Very nice captures Birgit, I like them both but the wren reminds me of being back in England. They used to be quite common when I was a kid but unfortunately over time they became harder to find, they're still around though and my Mum has a wren nesting in the garden every year.

Hi Birgit, glad you could join us over here. It's been a lot of fun so far this month. Great shots, that 300 is so SHARP. Looking forward to seeing what all you can do with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh no, no no! Your photos are most welcome here Birgit! The only rule is that you shoot with a single prime for the month of July. Your birds look GREAT! I especially like the wren - he's a little bit different thn many bird shots. This one has a good 'home' feeling to it.

Please keep it up and continue to post, your photos make a good counterpoint to Paul's.
Do I have to keep using the 1.4 TC on the 300 f/4? Or can I enter photos taken with the 300 f/4 w/o tc? First shots I started out it the tc on the lens, but it is heavy for my tripod ball head so I hate to use it all the time.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Birgit - there are no rules other than one prime all month long

any other rules you decide to impose on yourself are your own to enforce :)

I have a bit of catching up to do. Not the best, but these are so difficult sometimes I am happy to get what I can. Presenting Mothra

Another pic of the house wrens. Can't quite figure out what insect the bird has for dinner. You can kind of see something in the house - have not yet seen the babies. I am sure I used my flash and BB on these.

My last wren till I get my other card out. Or until I get some babies. Although the blur on the rocks does not please me, the photo does. I was happy to get the tiny bird in focus. I took this a couple of days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on these, I love the Mothra shot. Excellent job.
Do you get these in your garden/yard, or do you go out shooting? I can just picture you wandering the yard with a little pack of corgis following you about :)

Birding is rough, these are some good shots. I shot some eagles back in Feburary and I know tracking these guys is one eye open and one eye in the view finder...Franticly

Nice job on these, I love the Mothra shot. Excellent job.
Do you get these in your garden/yard, or do you go out shooting? I can just picture you wandering the yard with a little pack of corgis following you about :)
Haha! I plant flowers friendly to bees/butterflies/birds. Hummingbird Moths are about the fastest, along with Hummingbirds. I have some more to post that I took this morning.

Corgis have their own fenced in yard, but sometimes they are out. You know, I can take my older male shooting with me. The minute I raise my camera, he sits and waits patiently. OB training is helpful!

waltny Birding is rough, these are some good shots. I shot some eagles back in Feburary and I know tracking these guys is one eye open and one eye in the view finder...Franticly
Today 06:02 PM
The smaller the bird, the more difficult. Helps if you have a blind, which i don't:eek:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom