July One Prime Birgit's 300 f/4 w 1.4 tc

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by OHcorgis, Jul 10, 2008.

1. First time here, don't quite know what's going on:confused: :confused:  Put this up quickly. If I am not doing this correctly, just delete me:Curved:

2654321973_2aa2561566_b.

2. UhOh, i just read in another post you have to put up a photo every day. good luck on that one from me!

Never mind......

3. I don't think you HAVE to post a picture a day - just helps make it more of a challenge :) 

but its nice to see another 300 F/4 enter :D 

cute purple finch - nice details

4. house wren? very cute - my parents have one nesting in their yard

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh no, no no! Your photos are most welcome here Birgit! The only rule is that you shoot with a single prime for the month of July. Your birds look GREAT! I especially like the wren - he's a little bit different thn many bird shots. This one has a good 'home' feeling to it.

Please keep it up and continue to post, your photos make a good counterpoint to Paul's.

6. Goofy

Goofy

Jul 6, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA.
    Mark
    Very nice captures Birgit, I like them both but the wren reminds me of being back in England. They used to be quite common when I was a kid but unfortunately over time they became harder to find, they're still around though and my Mum has a wren nesting in the garden every year.

7. Uh oh - better step up my game :p  although I just sold my 1.4TC cause I didn't like it

8. Hi Birgit, glad you could join us over here. It's been a lot of fun so far this month. Great shots, that 300 is so SHARP. Looking forward to seeing what all you can do with it.

9. Do I have to keep using the 1.4 TC on the 300 f/4? Or can I enter photos taken with the 300 f/4 w/o tc? First shots I started out it the tc on the lens, but it is heavy for my tripod ball head so I hate to use it all the time.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

10. Birgit - there are no rules other than one prime all month long

any other rules you decide to impose on yourself are your own to enforce :) 

11. I have a bit of catching up to do. Not the best, but these are so difficult sometimes I am happy to get what I can. Presenting Mothra

2656987429_c9a747a496_b.

12. Another pic of the house wrens. Can't quite figure out what insect the bird has for dinner. You can kind of see something in the house - have not yet seen the babies. I am sure I used my flash and BB on these.

2657874038_e7b29f2e64_b.

13. My last wren till I get my other card out. Or until I get some babies. Although the blur on the rocks does not please me, the photo does. I was happy to get the tiny bird in focus. I took this a couple of days ago.

2655657707_eb18249c3d_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  14. Wow Birgit!
    Your shots are awesome :smile:

15. Welcome to the challenge, Birgit. Wonderful stuff thus far. Keep it coming and no worries if you can't post daily.

16. Welcome Birgit, you are having fun with the wren house...thanks for some lovely shots
    All the best

17. Nice job on these, I love the Mothra shot. Excellent job.
    Do you get these in your garden/yard, or do you go out shooting? I can just picture you wandering the yard with a little pack of corgis following you about :) 

18. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Birding is rough, these are some good shots. I shot some eagles back in Feburary and I know tracking these guys is one eye open and one eye in the view finder...Franticly

19. Haha! I plant flowers friendly to bees/butterflies/birds. Hummingbird Moths are about the fastest, along with Hummingbirds. I have some more to post that I took this morning.

Corgis have their own fenced in yard, but sometimes they are out. You know, I can take my older male shooting with me. The minute I raise my camera, he sits and waits patiently. OB training is helpful!

The smaller the bird, the more difficult. Helps if you have a blind, which i don't:eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.