1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

July One Prime - Charlie - Zeiss 35/2 MF

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by charlie, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Have been shooting every day, but social commitments and domestic crises have prevented me posting until now...my apologies.
    My manual focus lens is recently acquired and I hope to have much fun testing its capabilities. My interests are landscape and macro...mainly flowers :biggrin:

JULY 1st...White rose

D200 Zeiss 35mmZF 1/80@f8 iso200

Here's a white rose to start the first of my 31 shots...I love the delicate petals

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  2. JULY 2nd...Fountain of Love

D200 Zeiss 35mmZF 1/640 @ f2.8 !! iso100

Visited Cliveden yesterday with two friends and, despite 2 hours of showers, we managed to enjoy a good picnic and great views in the beautiful grounds...the sculptor must have had fun with these figures :biggrin:

Recently...in the last 50 years...Civeden became well known through the events of the Profumo affair and a woman [actually a bit of a tart!] called Christine Keeler.

This is aptly named...The Fountain of Love

original.gif

3. JULY 3rd...Chilterns sky

D200 Zeiss 35mmZF 1/320@f11 iso100

These powerful clouds came over the field at the end of my garden this afternoon, when I was waiting to catch a neighbouring farmer cutting a crop of hay. No rain for us but plenty for London, 35 miles to the south east

original.gif

4. Lovely rose, the exposure is very good on the white.

I'm a sucker for cloud shots, and that's a wonderfully stormy sky you got. Good job!

5. Looking good so far

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice. I'm looking forward to the rest of the month.

7. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    The statues would make a great antique style B&W in my opinion.
    Looking good, cant wait to see what that piece of glass can do.

8. Goofy

Goofy

Jul 6, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA.
    Mark
    Great shots Charlie, I really like 1 + 3. It might sound a bit weird but coming from Leeds I really miss those angry clouds, you don't see much of that in San Diego.

9. Thanks Linda, Paul and Art. I know you will find it difficult to believe, but I found a human being today :biggrin:

10. Tim, you are right, I did consider it but the trouble was I was running out of time and I was determined to get my first 3 shots posted last night!

11. Thanks Mark...I know how you feel and I'll bet you miss the dales. We have had more good skies today but I found a human being, so look below :biggrin:

12. JULY 4th...Lady in red - X marks the spot !

D200 Zeiss 35mmZF 1/200 @ f/11 iso400

It was pure happenstance. Was walking down my local village high street, crossed it to take a shot of these old petrol pumps and suddenly this human appeared !! Little did she know when she chose those clothes this morning that she would make my day :biggrin:

original.gif

13. I very much like the fountainshot! Nice tonality, wouldn't have been possible in sunny weather? Guess that's when the british weather really shines! :Crunk:

Lady in Red (I hear Chris De Burgh in my mind) is a nice shot. Great Red and White Colortheme.

14. Great stuff Charlie. Good to see some local flavour in your subjects- lady in red does it for me!!

15. hallkc

hallkc

Apr 1, 2008
    French Camp, CA
    The lady in red just illustrates that sometimes the planets align and the photo Gods say "Ok, we're all set here. She's wearing matching colors, and as soon as she walks under the X, just pull the trigger" :) 

Cool shot

16. hawkfl

hawkfl

Jul 3, 2008
    Germany
    There are days that's all.:biggrin:

17. i like #1 alot and the last one really works, i might of gone for a tighter crop in pp but it also works well as is

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes, I totally agree with hallkc on the placement of the X! You pushed the button at exactly the right time!

I love the texture on the flower petals.

19. Does the X serve any purpose for the establishment? None the less, the reds are very pleasing.

20. Excellent capture with the Lady in Red and the X. Nice job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.