July One Prime - Chris101 35mm f/1.7 Ultron

Real Name
Chris
Oh I did not know that. I have "warm" filters - not the same?

Your hand puppet is a marvelous portrait LOL
Thanks Birgit! Warm filters are not very saturated in color. Black and white contrast filters are very saturated. They don't work very well with digital cameras, because they activate only about a third of the pixels - there is a huge loss of resolution. Warm filters do, but it's the same as changing the white balance.

Nope, warm would help with color, but you really don't want to use a red filter on color. It's really totally red. I've yet to use mine on B&W though...
In fact, I think I'm going to use it on the color film I'm shooting tomorrow, see what happens :biggrin: see if it messes with the whitebalance :wink:
It'll turn everything red. It'll look hot!

Be careful Koen, these B&W FILM men from a previous century 'know their onions' :biggrin:
"Know their onions"! How cool is that? :Wink: But I think the from a previous century is even better! Makes me feel like I'm in a Jules Verne story!

I really like it Chris...but I am not sure about the wart - or is it a pilar cyst - between your thumb and forefinger?? NX2 can offer cheap treatment:biggrin:
Thanks Charlie! But is it permanent? I'll probably stick with salicylic acid. :Curved:

Yes sir it is. When I first starting getting more heavily into photography and not just picture taking I started reading Adam Andsels books. I was amazed at how much he relied on red and orange filters to make the contrast pop, get dramatic skys among other things(besides being a wizard in the darkroom and having a penchen for waiting for days to get the lighting right, an option I dont have these days...)

The effect that the wind blowing the tree branches around a bit really add to the overall feel of the 26th shot. Your really giving me the itch to try to find a cheap film body to try some film with my FF primes.
Thank you Tim! You know, going film is a dangerous proposition. It's rather addictive.

The good thing is that film cameras can be had for a tiny fraction of their original cost. And it doesn't take a fancy one to get identical images as the top of the line, cause the 'sensor' is replaceable!

Real Name
Chris
July 28 - Olivia on the Stair!

I'm celebrating Olivia today because she answered her first phonecall without prompting. Good thing it was from me, eh? She sounded so mature, I thought it was the baby sitter. When I asked whom I was speaking with she burst out laughing, "Chris! It's me, Olivia!!"

28.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Trix, hc110b, six and a half ... etc. :rolleyes:

Three more photos to go!

"Know their onions"! How cool is that? :Wink: But I think the from a previous century is even better! Makes me feel like I'm in a Jules Verne story!

Hey, I'm from the previous century too you know :tongue: altough Chris does fit that Jules Verne-esque mad scientist image a lot better :wink:

Hey, I'm from the previous century too you know :tongue: altough Chris does fit that Jules Verne-esque mad scientist image a lot better :wink:

Chris read me 100% !! I always react when radio announcers mention it and then realise that's 8 years minimum...not 98 years!! It sounds almost defamatory and, in a funny sort of way, it really is complimentary humour.

Chris I gave up worrying about warts 55 years ago when the school doctor produced a vacuum flask from which he extracted a deeply frozen 'steaming' item with tongs...and then proceeded to burn off my 'growths'. Nature tends to sort it out more quickly:smile:

I'm celebrating Olivia today because she answered her first phonecall without prompting. Good thing it was from me, eh? She sounded so mature, I thought it was the baby sitter. When I asked whom I was speaking with she burst out laughing, "Chris! It's me, Olivia!!"

Three more photos to go!

Nice story Chris and brings back good memories.
Really like your shot of Olivia...are we talking the equivalent of 6400 graininess?

Real Name
Chris
Soon we will be a minority Koen. Then we can really do the 'man froom a different century' thing, and the kids just won't get it! :Wink:

Chris read me 100% !! I always react when radio announcers mention it and then realise that's 8 years minimum...not 98 years!! It sounds almost defamatory and, in a funny sort of way, it really is complimentary humour.

Chris I gave up worrying about warts 55 years ago when the school doctor produced a vacuum flask from which he extracted a deeply frozen 'steaming' item with tongs...and then proceeded to burn off my 'growths'. Nature tends to sort it out more quickly:smile:
Whoa. A chilling experience Charlie to be sure! Now a days, they have little LN2 squirters. It's still gross! I'm a WD40 man - oops, I mean Compound W.

Nice story Chris and brings back good memories.
Really like your shot of Olivia...are we talking the equivalent of 6400 graininess?
I think my processing just got a little bit out of hand. The shot was underexposed, and I tried to compensate. Well, you know Charlie, tanstaafl!

love the film quality of the last one, and the hand puppet is funny
Thanks Gary! We were having a lot of fun doing the puppets and talking in accents for them.

Olivia looks quite proud to pose for you.
Thanks Birgit, Olivia is one of those people who automatically turn "on" whenever a camera is pointed at her.

Real Name
Chris
July 29 - Sunflower II

As I was coming in to work on Tuesday, I noticed that my flower had bloomed!

29.jpg

Recall that I am still committed to photograph this plant from this angle for however much time it has left.

Real Name
Chris
As the End Time approaches, all hell is breaking loose!

30.jpg

(trix, hc110b, 6.5 minutes, 20°C)

Real Name
Chris
July 31 - That's All Folks!

31.jpg

(D100 with 35mm Ultron taped on, iso 1600, 1/20 sec, f/16)

Thank you for starting this up Gary!
Thank you to all my Prime Mates for participating and making this
a really creative Month to Remember!

aw crap, it's over...

Chris, how come the dinos seem to be glowing? Is that the radiation that'll wipe them out eventually, like some time before the previous century? ;) But seriously, that shot is weird, how did you do it?

Oh, gosh, what can I say... I've loved every minute of this!

Bravo to you for shooting FILM all month long. I'm truly impressed.

I'm going through all the threads and picking my top 3 favorites out of each. So without further ado...

My favorite pic from your month of photos is...July 15, Injection. It's just powerful!!
2nd ... Mr. Black. I love the cat, the cross the rulers make and the patch of light, absolutely wonderful.
3rd, the man and woman, it just really works.

Thanks for all the fun!!!

Chris, you have always been good for a laugh, but your dinos beats them all. And I love your Farewell to July Photo Meme pic. It has been so much fun looking at your photos and reading your hilarious posts.

Favorites
July 10, 15, 31

I must say I have been intrigued and highly influence by your July one prime challenge. I was great to shoot with you and Ill be seeing you in the abstract thread for sure.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom