July One Prime djh63 50/1.4 AF

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by djh63, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Here is my thread to start the July Challenge- I will be shooting with my 50/1.4 and will post as regularly as possible, but sadly I cannot commit to pic-a-day at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. At least we are rolling...... and I may have even posted the first image in this month's challenge.....

original.jpg

Shot at 50mm 1/125 @f4 ISO 100

3. nice david, did you try a bw conversion?

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Mmm! I rather like the subtle coloration.

It's too bad that dCap is not here to participate with us, but I see that you have been in on most every meme we've had here. Thanks for taking over on this one!

5. Lake Zurich? The Watercolor is very interesting!

6. Thanks Gary- I didn't, but then I didn't spend a lot of time on that image. Was very happy to get it done and post. It has been a busy last couple of weeks for me.

Thanks to you Chris. One of the things that appealed was the warm colouring and I liked the reflections from the water too.
    I haven't taken over here at all- Gary (Knightrider) is our host for the month and I am just trying to help out when I can.

Thanks Michael-not the lake, but a small river/canal that flows from the lake and through the city. The water is quite clear, but with plenty of shade and reflected light around I was happy with that look.

7. And for Day 2.......

original.jpg

Shot at 1/750 @ f1.4 ISO 100

8. You've got a good eye!

...i would have walked by without noticing it.

Interesting composition.

9. I love the pattern of the water movement on that first one.
    The second one is quite nice as well.

10. After reading a chapter about composition, this was a well defined affirmation. Thank you for sharing.

11. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Like the stark contrast of it, very nice.

12. Goofy

Goofy

Jul 6, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA.
    Mark
    Both are shots I would've missed while looking for something more obvious. It's good fun to watch and learn from different eyes and shooting styles.

13. Day 3............... a slight change of pace

original.jpg

Shot at 50mm (+ 36mm extension tube) 6 sec @ f11 ISO 100

14. :eek: What's that?

.......you leave me puzzled.......maybe noodles?

15. Looks like coconut? Cool shot, I like the color and texture.

16. pasta salad with red peppers and shaved cheese!

17. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    A huge *** came to my mind when I saw this. Very though provoking.

Ill be looking to you to sell me on the 50/1.4 over my 50/1.8

18. Looks like a sort of dessert. Is it sweet? Looks good.

19. Wow, very nice images. The first is definitely thought provoking, and the last one looks delicious. Kudos to you!!

20. Love the first; all the surfaces look firm enough to walk on...a pretty second; looks like Pelargonium - we used to call them Geraniums...on the third ha ha; I go with Paul 2/3rds - it doesn't look brittle enough for cheese. Is it onions?