July One Prime djh63 50/1.4 AF

Real Name
Chris
That could have been one of those "What is this" photos David. The knurled surface looks like a lens part, and I'm sure would have taken everyone down the wrong path. I know what it is, but even still, I could believe ... :Wink:

wow nice 'macro' shot
thanks Paul- I do like to mess around up-close and seeing as my 60 Micro is locked away for the month......

Love the "door" at least that's what I think it is, and the sunflower is wonderful. Not sure the knife shot works for me though. Good shooting. :)

Thanks Linda

That could have been one of those "What is this" photos David. The knurled surface looks like a lens part, and I'm sure would have taken everyone down the wrong path. I know what it is, but even still, I could believe ... :Wink:

:wink:

so what you anything on the table have ....:biggrin:
You may be surprised at what can be found lying around on my desk....

Really like the knife macro...I hear ext tubes calling me, but where will the focus occur on my 35mm :biggrin:

Would be fun to try Charlie- seeing as the 35 focuses close and is sharp at that distance too

Apologies to all for not reviewing the other threads more regularly- I have been pressed for time and hope to get back on top of things tomorrow night.

After not managing to bag a shot yesterday, I was determined to capture something this evening. Luckily I had some time to kill in the city and the weather was perfect with nice early evening light

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot at 50mm 1/90 @ f8 ISO 100

A tough day today....... just wasn't in the mood to look for photos when I left the office, so I headed home and found this old pocketknife sitting on my desk.

Very interesting. I think you have just inspired me to take a new look at my knives... through the lens:)

Real Name
Chris
That's great perspective David. The right angle of the corner really fools the eye into thinking the surface is flat, but then the angle comes through, and I get a touch of vertigo from looking at this!

I really like your photo of the pocketknife. Great composition, very dynamic lines and there's that interesting structure of the handle. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Mark
That's an interesting perspective David. It's a great looking structure, what type of building is it? A church springs to mind but maybe a town hall?

After not managing to bag a shot yesterday, I was determined to capture something this evening. Luckily I had some time to kill in the city and the weather was perfect with nice early evening light

original.jpg

Shot at 50mm 1/90 @ f8 ISO 100

This vies with the first photo for being the best in your gallery so far! I really like the light, its freshness and, of course, the excellent perspective

Very interesting. I think you have just inspired me to take a new look at my knives... through the lens:)

Thanks Keith- I have been inspired by lots of great macro shots here- ordinary, everyday things that look terrific in close-up

That's great perspective David. The right angle of the corner really fools the eye into thinking the surface is flat, but then the angle comes through, and I get a touch of vertigo from looking at this!

Thanks Chris- it is the sort of building that you can walk by every day of the week and see it in a completely different way. That was a lucky day for me!

That's an interesting perspective David. It's a great looking structure, what type of building is it? A church springs to mind but maybe a town hall?

Thanks Mark- it is indeed a church and I believe that it has the largest clock face in Europe.

Definitely a cool angle. I really like this shot, artsy and clever, but well composed and sharp too. Good shooting on this one!

Thanks Linda- it was fun to take too :smile:

This vies with the first photo for being the best in your gallery so far! I really like the light, its freshness and, of course, the excellent perspective

Thanks Charlie- I do like to come home with something out-of-the-ordinary. It is a nice church, but from that spot it looks completely different.

I have had another couple of busy days (with those problems compounded by heavy rain) and was glad to be able to capture something again today

original.jpg

Shot at 50mm 1/125 @ f1.4 ISO 100

I have had another couple of busy days (with those problems compounded by heavy rain) and was glad to be able to capture something again today

Nice selective focus. It's nice to see the focal plane slanted... gives it something more than if it had been straight. What is the subject? Looks like some kind of casing, for a computer or maybe a cable box?

Very nice graphics and good game with the Sharpness.
Thanks Falk
Nice selective focus. It's nice to see the focal plane slanted... gives it something more than if it had been straight. What is the subject? Looks like some kind of casing, for a computer or maybe a cable box?

Thanks Keith. It is actually the perforated steel back from one of our outdoor chairs. Glad that you like it.

I heard a miserable wimpering....... walked into my office and heard this guy leading the chorus in my lens cupboard. I guess that they feel pretty neglected :wink:

100096067original.gif

Shot at 50mm 1/6 @ f3.3 ISO 100

Latest threads

Top Bottom