July One Prime - Keith (hallkc) - Tamron 90mm f2.8

I know I'm a little late getting started, today is my wife's birthday... we went to the rodeo:)

Here is my first submission. C&C are always welcome. (Lighting was very challenging in this staduim... ISO 1600, shutter speed 1/40)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ouch!

Oh my! I sure hope he wasn't hurt. Great image. Interesting blur effect.
He jumped right up after the fall... as for the "blur effect" well, I was actually trying to stop motion, but couldn't get the shutter speed down far enough. My ISO was ramped up to 1600, and I couldn't shoot much faster that 1/40th. (Crappy lighting) I wish I had a D3... :)

(I did shoot some at ISO 3200 and 6400, but the noise was so bad I decided that they were un-usable)

Thanks for having a look:):)

Looks good Keith, the though of ISO 1600 on my D70s makes me cringe....

Looks good for what it is for sure, the blur effect does add to the moment. Its that some huge mutant sheep the guy was riding? Only in Texas...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops...

Frightening to see as one worries about the child's neck. Was it the Tamron 90?...exif is showing different :smile:
You are right... I used my 200-400 for a few shots and by the end of the night forgot that I even used it. This is one of those few. Crap. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be more careful next time. :redface::redface:

Lets get back on track, we are all allowed to slip(to err is human is it not?). Lets see some tammy 90/2.8 shots!

Real Name
Chris
Wow! The action is incredible in the picture! I don't care what you took ths with. Rodeo clown is on of the most dangeous jobs in the universe! This is a great shot no matter what! Got anything after this. Like, I'd expect the guy to be paralyzed or dead, but I'll be it's just another day on the job, eh? Got anything after this event?

Your picture is worthy of being picked up by the rodeo for sure! Now I'm reaally waiting for the next one ...

Ouch, very cool capture!

the guy looks almost like a breakdancer, hope he's all right.

What animal is that? Looks like a sheep........but that BIG? OMG

Ouch, very cool capture!

the guy looks almost like a breakdancer, hope he's all right.

What animal is that? Looks like a sheep........but that BIG? OMG
The kid is fine... he jumped right up after the fall. He is 3 years old, this event is called mutton bustin'. Small kids try to ride a sheep and the result seen above is somewhat typical:)

Just wanted to help put the "Huge Sheep" into perspective:cool:

Car Show today

There was a car show today... here is one that made me chuckle:)

"Nice Shoes"

Nice shoes indeed!

Nice crisp shot, colors pop very well done. With that said....

These kind of paint jobs never appealed to me in the least, I actually dig the new charger and they do this to it?!?!?! :mad: How about a throw back paint job? 01......

The kid is fine... he jumped right up after the fall. He is 3 years old, this event is called mutton bustin'. Small kids try to ride a sheep and the result seen above is somewhat typical:)

Just wanted to help put the "Huge Sheep" into perspective:cool:
I find it kind of funny all of our reactions to this seemingly larger than life sheep. You got me too buddy.:biggrin:

Thanks to all for your comments!

Here is one I just shot... it's 3:40ish in the morning, and I can't get to sleep.

(Maybe this light is what's keeping me up)

The letter B looks sharp in the original, but when uploaded, I can't help but think it looks a little soft:(
Yawn :846:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom