july one prime - knightrider nikon af 50/1.8

Real Name
Mark
I really like the block shot Gary, the colors pop and a nice softening of focus on the background.

The next leaves me clueless as to what it is... A hinged lid of some description? Cool shot of the knife too.

What a cool idea. I love the block shot, very vivid. I will be watching this thread with interest to see what else you come up with.
the blocks are my best so far

very dramatic lighting on what looks to be a pocket knife. Well done
just a desk spotlight, it is a pocket knife

Nice blue. I like blue. This is a good blue!
i'm a big fan of the blue too

I really like the block shot Gary, the colors pop and a nice softening of focus on the background.

The next leaves me clueless as to what it is... A hinged lid of some description? Cool shot of the knife too.
it's a honged lid of a baby bath set of stuff, it's near the window and i liked the light

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50mm plus 13mm ext tube, old printer cartridges that can't be recycled , i'm always amazed by the technology of them

Great effect with the grain/noise. This reminds me of a recycling project I had for my
4th grade class to raise money. Many of them brought these cartridges from home. We didn't get a cent from them either.

really interesting shot of the printer cartridges - love the grainy look
iso 1600 and a bit of contrast boost, noise /grain doesn't really bother me unless it ruins the shot

Great effect with the grain/noise. This reminds me of a recycling project I had for my
4th grade class to raise money. Many of them brought these cartridges from home. We didn't get a cent from them either.
i'm not bothered about getting cash it just irks me that a certain company won't let them be recycled

interesting subject and good implementation.
thanks

I like the carts... reminded me to order a stack for my 1800!
always need more!!

Real Name
Chris
Ok, I have no idea what those things are, but that photo is 'way cool'!

Also, from the print cartridges, it looks like you have a nice printer. I'll bet your colorful photos look printed up big!

Nice colorful shot. Creative lighting. What are they? Looks like small bottles of fluid in different colored glass... sweet:)
it's one of my sons baby toys, coloured shapes that go onto a central column

Ok, I have no idea what those things are, but that photo is 'way cool'!

Also, from the print cartridges, it looks like you have a nice printer. I'll bet your colorful photos look printed up big!
just a cheap epson r220, does nice a4 prints :smile:

my wife has a habit of printing junk out, in colour tho :Angry:

Real Name
Mark
Great baby toy photo Gary, love the colors. I would never of guessed what it was though if you hadn't told us. Your cartridge pic is cool too... B&W, the grain and the DOF make it for me.

Great baby toy photo Gary, love the colors. I would never of guessed what it was though if you hadn't told us. Your cartridge pic is cool too... B&W, the grain and the DOF make it for me.
thanks

Thats one of those outdoor jungle gyms thingies. The colors on the one we have arent so vivid anymore. 6 years in the Texas and Utah sun have faded it....

Anyhow I "get" the shot. Makes me think of the kids running amok in the yard and tracking some of that dirt in on the floor.

Love these, they keep me guessing. The baby toys is a great shot, I did figure that one out. Nice conversion on the print cartridges. The red image, not sure what it is, but definitely has some dirty drops on it. These are fun!

that red thing looks like it's got footholds/handholds on it?

interesting subjects - I'm always amazed at what everyone will shoot and how creative they get...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom