july one prime - knightrider nikon af 50/1.8

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
been busy with my kids recently and generally uninspired, however here are 3 from today

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hmmm....

stark contrasty b&w's... I think Chris is really rubbing off on a few of us:biggrin: Im so taken with the style I started a thread in the Miscellany just to post more and more of them!

Taking the mudane object and making it interesting. Leaves me thinking and wanting to see it originally. Well done.

Somebody had a picnic? I like the fork and surrounding trash best. I don't know what a 96 is. Too bad, people leaving their trash on the ground. Shame on them.
the fork is a disposeable plastic fork from a chip shop

stark contrasty b&w's... I think Chris is really rubbing off on a few of us:biggrin: Im so taken with the style I started a thread in the Miscellany just to post more and more of them!

Taking the mudane object and making it interesting. Leaves me thinking and wanting to see it originally. Well done.
thanks

Great job continues. What is #96? It almost looks like some sort of mail receptacle?
#96 is a road bollard, thats been knocked over, they are plastic and have a light underneath

The random bitso trash are too cool!
thanks

I've been seeing a lot of inspiring B&W on the cafe recently. Great contribution. One man's garbage is another man's art, eh?
thanks

It's all rubbish, but I do like it !!...the lighting helped :biggrin:
the fork really stands out because of it, thanks

and #30

It's been a good theme Gary and I have much enjoyed your 'plastic' shots. :smile:
The only waste I chuck out that isn't recycled locally is plastic...one day perhaps...

It's been a good theme Gary and I have much enjoyed your 'plastic' shots. :smile:
The only waste I chuck out that isn't recycled locally is plastic...one day perhaps...

the bottles are in my plastics recycling bin

and finally, farewell july one prime

It sounds as if you have an organised council...actually that is an impossibility :biggrin:

Love your last...plastic through and through !!!

Thanks again for getting us off our backsides, it has been fun :biggrin:

All the best

I think you had the best "challenge" of all of us, not only by using your 50mm prime, but also choosing to shoot plastic all month. What an imaginative project!

I'm going through the threads and picking out my top three shots from everyone's month long journey, just because :)

Here's my top three from your shoot...

1st, the July 5 shot, Blocks, I love the colors and the inclusion of the hand, excellent.
2nd, the printer cartridges, excellent B&W conversion and lovely DOF
and 3rd, your last shot, farewell, it just gave me a big smile!!!

Real Name
Chris
Gary, not only is your work unique and timely, but you obviously LOVE black and white! I really think that those are the true colors of photography, so thank you for all the wonderful images to look at!

And for starting this Challenge the entire Cafe thanks you:

:Love::710::579: Thank You from the Nikon Cafe! :579::710::Love:​

Indeed, Hear Hear to you for gathering us all up for this one prime challenge. IM having withdrawls but the CS and the abstract thread are holding me over...

Anyhow my 3 favorite shots from this month are

Attack of the monsters.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom