july one prime - knightrider nikon af 50/1.8

You did well with the lampshade shot Gary...both photo and assembly.
15 years ago I assembled a 3 part IKEA bedroom cupboard. The task was worse than climbing the north face of Annapurna. Unfortunately one of the back panels - brown one side, gleaming white the other - was connected by me with the brown side showing. I would rather pay someone to spray paint that brown side than ever take it to bits again :biggrin:

Very cool shot. (I may have cropped a hair off the right side for symmetry in this case) You must have great patience, I would go crazy trying to assemble that thing:)
i would too but i only noticed after i posted it

That lampshade is awesome, I love the light on it, through it. What does it look like assembled??

like a big flower

You did well with the lampshade shot Gary...both photo and assembly.
15 years ago I assembled a 3 part IKEA bedroom cupboard. The task was worse than climbing the north face of Annapurna. Unfortunately one of the back panels - brown one side, gleaming white the other - was connected by me with the brown side showing. I would rather pay someone to spray paint that brown side than ever take it to bits again :biggrin:

ikea stuff doesn't bother me, most is well thought out and pretty straightforward

due to connection problems i haven't posted for a couple of days so here are 16 and 17

2679894772_2054f149aa_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2679894776_eb48b38a33_o.jpg

2682139044_24a1ce04bf_o.jpg

not really happy with this but here it is anyway
2685753617_401905c26a_o.jpg

2685754073_0131ffb185_o.jpg

Real Name
Mark
A nice mixture of photos Gary, it's an adventure trying to work out what they all are and I can't say that I have. Some nice B&W's in there too.

2697838299_df24f5ff06_o.jpg

2699692872_49edd07b79_o.jpg

Nice stark contrasty(2nd at least)images. Took me a min to distinguish the tooth brush in the first shot. Stop down and use some side availible light? The 2nd is one taken right from Chris's book. Looks like 1.8 or very close in apature range.

Real Name
Chris
2679894776_eb48b38a33_o.jpg
It's a non-committal image, but I like how it looks. The grain/tonality rendering looks filmy. What is it?

Real Name
Chris
2699692872_49edd07b79_o.jpg
I hope you don't mind a bit of hard critique this late in the month, but why did you focus on the blade instead of the point? I would have thought the point would hve been so much more to the 'point'. (er, sorry. :Wink: )

That toothbrush definitely needs replacing Gary...I wouldn't let it near my mouth :biggrin:
it's not mine, it's the mrs' old one

That is Not a toothbrush!! An old hairbrush? would be better. I have seen scissors like these. They cut just about anything? I like the DOF except for the blade.

no it's a toothbrush

Nice stark contrasty(2nd at least)images. Took me a min to distinguish the tooth brush in the first shot. Stop down and use some side availible light? The 2nd is one taken right from Chris's book. Looks like 1.8 or very close in apature range.

i think it was 1.8

It's a non-committal image, but I like how it looks. The grain/tonality rendering looks filmy. What is it?

it's a chewed biro

I hope you don't mind a bit of hard critique this late in the month, but why did you focus on the blade instead of the point? I would have thought the point would hve been so much more to the 'point'. (er, sorry. :Wink: )

the point was to obvious, i liked the serrated edge

Latest threads

Top Bottom