July One Prime - mcs - Sigma 30mm f1.4

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by misupix, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Decided to do this on very short notice :Crunk:

Decided on the Sigma 30mm for this, one pic a day.

Here's the first:

1. July - "Foxy"
    original.
    (Nikon D300 1/60s f/1.4 at 30.0mm iso1600)

Since our little one was on the way, I've not been able to take some time and go biking for over a year. Yesterday, I've finally resurrected my Bike! :biggrin:

I was just working on some maintenance in the garden when Christine had to leave to go to her Yoga............so I had to take care of the kids, tuck them in and therefore pretty much stay in the house for the rest of the evening.
    What to do with the unfinished work on the bike? All the greasy work was done, so I just parked it in the kitchen to finish it when the kids where asleep........

...........What I hadn't thought of: Christine wasn't to happy to find a Bike in our kitchen when she got home :redface: :biggrin: :wink:

Will be a Challenge....​

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Looks like that bike can take some heavy terrain! But bikes in the kitchen? She's lucky you don't have a Harley!

3. Wait 'til tomorrow :wink:

4. That is a great first shot, Michael- I own a copy of the Sigma as well and I think that it is a terrific lens.

5. Not yet :370: wait some time.....when the gids are grown up.......and the lottery ticket wins......:Crunk:

I tried, but the car won't fit through the door.....:redface:

After selling it and trying out the AF-D35f2, I finally came back to this little gem! :smile: I love how sharp it is at f1.4 :eek: 

6. 2. July - "Free the Traffic"
    original.
    (Nikon D300 1/8000s f/2.5 at 30.0mm iso200)
    Damn, I had to stop down because it was too bright
    :Crunk:​

7. wow what a stunning shot - I love the whole feel of it - like I'm actually standing there.

8. Just stumbled over this thread. Also like the 2nd one and I'm curious what you will show us next. After I already had a really unsharp copy of that lens which I immediately sent back, I now see the potential of that lens (also thanks to Nute).
    Now I'm contemplating whether I should give it another try... but then, that D700 is also something that would nicely fit in my kit :rolleyes: :redface::biggrin:...

9. Interesting that you mention that, because the FOV 50mm (30mm at DX equivalent), is supposed to act this way: like you being there!

Thanks

I still love this lens! :biggrin:
    The D700 would make a great addition to my D300. But as long as fund aren't sufficent for something like that...........:frown: A 300 2.8 must come first :wink:

10. Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate that. Right, addition is what I'm thinking of as well. :smile: Oh yes, that 300 2.8. I still feel the recoil(?) of Steve's 300 when it was focussing in an instant. Sweet! :rolleyes: 

11. I'm going to keep an eye on this one too Michael, the 30 1.4 is on my short-list!

12. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Look at my sig, Ive got my sights on a 30/1.4 . Youve inspired me to be a bit more creative after seeing your shots, IM going to step up my game from here on out.

13. Love the second one Michael- please excuse my ignorance, but was ISO 100 or even ISO 50 an option on your D300??

14. Goofy

Goofy

Jul 6, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA.
    Mark
    Great start Michael, do you intend to shoot @ 1.4 all month if lighting permits??

15. You won't go wrong with this.......I've sold most of my other low light primes, because they couldn't compare to the Sigma wide open....:wink:

Can't wait to see it. :smile:

Yes indeed ISO 100 would have been possible, that's what I realized too, AFTERWARD! :redface:

I use the Sigma wide open most of the time, so you could bee right :biggrin:

16. 3. July - "Rainscreen"
    original.
    (Nikon D40 1/125s f/1.4 at 30.0mm iso200)
    Got some heavy rain on my way home, took this while driving with the wippers off :redface: I don't recommend doing this..........!
    :Crunk:​

17. MeSince83

MeSince83

Apr 3, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Very nicely and detailed shot!

18. Obviously, you are able - much more than I - to create interesting pictures of situations in which most of us probably wouldn't even have thought of taking out our camera.
    ...and what a nice clean windscreen your car has. I bet if I had a car it wouldn't look that clean :rolleyes: 

19. I really love the country road with the corn field. Beautiful.
    The rain screen is interesting, would look good as b&W

20. Love your compositions and their quality, Michael...you give me plenty to think about.
    All the best

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.