1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

July One Prime -- Nikon 50mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by raian, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Hope I'm not too late to participate. I only have one prime lens (yeah, I know...) so that is my choice to shoot with. Looking forward to this. I need something to make me shoot more during this very hot, hazy, humid month. I'll definitely get to posting shots tomorrow. Thanks!

2. ah yes but what a nice prime it is - I'm considering adding that to my bag

3. Paul, they don't cost much :)  Get yourself one, you'll love it :) 

4. I will - after I fund my D200 upgrade! muhahahaha

5. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Best hundred bucks I've spent. And I didn't have to run it by the Warden!:biggrin:

6. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Indeed!

Cant wait to see your shots as we are both shooting the 50/1.8 . As you know Im going wide open and on a D70s body and availible light. What body and rules have you set for yourself?

7. Here we go... my first post.

I love this little 50mm lens. Captured a baby anole lizard this morning...

July 3, 2008.

324681331_RvUep-L.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2008
  8. Wow what a cool little lizard - are those running around wild there? Nice pic :) 

9. Thanks Paul. Yes, we have lots of these around. They are native to the area.
    Tim, I'm shooting on my D50. The only rule I have is to try all kinds of shots with the lens and see all it can do.

10. Capturing this lizard with a 50mm? :eek: 

Awe to you! :biggrin:

Nice shot.

11. Thanks Michael. I really love the sharpness of this lens and try too often to use it as a macro, which it's not, but what the heck ;) 

12. Hey, am I the only girl participating? Where are all the other lady photogs???

13. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I try to do the same, I got 2 good flower shots today that I had wanted to post but went with daughter.

14. The color is simply awesome!

15. Love that shot Linda...oh to be able to hide so easily from the rest of the world with that camouflage :smile:

16. I probably should have taken something patriotic today, but alas, I shot a cloud...

July 4, 2008

325218462_dCt4h-L.

17. hawkfl

hawkfl

Jul 3, 2008
    Germany
    Amazing what to do with 50 mm photograph everything.
    Very nice image.

18. Randy, just wanted to confess something about my d50. For the longest time I thought my colors were very dull, compared to what I was seeing on forums. Then I switched the setting in the camera to Vivid, and that made a huge difference on color!!

19. Thanks hawkfl. I know it's just a cloud, but I like sky shots and clouds :) 

20. Lovely shot...but are you sure that isn't smoke from the donut stall...look top left :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.