July One Prime-Vulturetec-Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by vulturetec, Jul 2, 2008.

1. July-Primes? Ok, I'll give it a shot. Don't know if I can manage something every day, we'll see!

My gallery for the challenge is here.

My "prime" is an old, 1974-vintage, Nikkor-Q.C 135mm f/2.8 manual focus, home-modified to AI, mounted on my D200:

324172050_MjHe7-M.

2. #1 -- 7/1/08 - cleaned the lens up, set up the camera, and took a quick snapshot of the radio sitting on my desk at minimum focusing distance. Very dim light with bounced SB800

324195384_KaZda-M.

3. #2 -- 7/2/08 - in the back yard early this morning

324147242_6U6CP-L.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Cool lens Scott! For being an oldie AI'd it has a surprisingly modern rendering.

5. Beautiful shot of those leaves :) 

6. Yeah it is - I picked it up somewhere over the years I guess, and it sat in my bag until last year. It's surprisingly good for being a really beaten up old lens! :) 

7. Thanks - lucked out on them! :tongue:

8. Glad that you have joined us Scott. You are off to a great start- I love the look of that lens as well. Enjoy the month

9. Welcome Scott!

The colorrendition is indeed nice! Especially the green! Great shot.

10. Great shots. Looks like that oldie is still working just fine!

11. Thanks all... We'll see how it does it some bright light tomorrow.

Before getting into the challenge I gave it a good once-over and cleaned it.

324379196_PrKMc-M.

324379305_AqvqK-M.

There was a mess of stuff inside the lens - it didn't show up too well here
    324379339_Y4weo-M.

324379402_jDwqe-M.

-and the finished lens after reassembly and repainting the numbers (bright new numbers don't make the pictures better, but I think it helps get on the good side of the photo Gods maybe :biggrin: )

324386492_ovVJS-M.

12. Goofy

Goofy

Jul 6, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA.
    Mark
    Great color in the leaf pic Scott, nice contrast with the darker background.

13. Thanks - I was surprised at how well it did in that nice soft light.

14. Here's mine for 7/3 - ISO 200, f/4@1/1000

324747421_MFgzD-L.

15. That's a very nice flower shot! The dark green background corresponds well with the bright yellow.

16. Great job on the flowers, nice composition.

17. Love the contrasting colors and composition :) 

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey! Cool. I 'got' to rebuild my lens too.

19. I'm very impressed with all this lens rebuilding...reminds me of the days when you could replace pinions in a gearbox :biggrin:
    Scott, your 2nd shot is a delight !

20. Thanks Charlie...Chris - don't tell anyone, but I think all the junk in the lens is from when I took a dremel to the aperture ring for my AI "mod" :wink: Taking it apart wasn't quite as scary. That is an easy lens to work on!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.