1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

July One Prime Wrap-Up & Discussion

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by djh63, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Many thanks to all who have participated in this little challenge- especially to our photographers, but also to those who came by to see what was going on and left comments. Perhaps we could each nominate our 2 personal favourite photographs (from our own work) and then discuss them as a group? I certainly don't want to get into any voting and competition as this, for me anyway, is about having fun and learning.
    I am not quite sure of my selections yet, but I will come back later and pop them into this thread. Feel free to do the same and we can finish up the month in the appropriate manner!

2. Out of the photos that I have taken and posted this month, these are my two favourites.......

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

3. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    I agree with you for the second one which was one of my favs too.

What do I like best? Hard to say, but I'd like these very much:

Xfiligreestructurebwweb.jpg

Xattherhinebw1217.jpg

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

4. These are 2 great pics Aaron. I love the first- a classic macro shot and the second shows how versatile your lens is. Well done- a great thread for the month and thanks for joining in.

5. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    Thanks for the comment, David. It seems we should
    motivate the others?

What was your impression? What are my best ones
    from your point of view?

have a nice start into the next week!

6. Sorry, David and Aaron, to be late for the wrap-up which I think is a very good idea.

David, I'm a bit surprised about your first choice, but would love to hear what made you choose it. Personally I really liked the your second pick plus the one from July 28, the chimneys against the blue sky and the staircase with the green.

Aaron, I think I agree with your choice of the two. Number 2 is special for the atmosphere it reflects. But there are quite a few more shots in your thread that could've made it here as well.

As far as my own are concerned I like how these two came out:

3735712881_319d08e5fa_o.jpg

3678586301_1a38e48e4d_o.jpg

7. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    Thnaks a lot Frank for your kind words. Which one of my shots did you
    like? Which were your favourits?

And I totally agree with your choice. You've made me think about using the
    fish more often. Thanks for joining!

8. Thanks Frank for playing along during the month. It was brave to choose the fish for your challenge and I hope that you learnt lots more about using it- you certainly showed us some great images! I like both of your nautilus staircases and could easily have chosen them as my favourites as well. Great photos.

As far as my choices are concerned- you say that the first puzzles you a little- it was one of the few pics for the month that turned out exactly as I had planned. I wanted a gentle transformation to the out of focus areas in order to create an invitation into the garden (I did call it "Come On In") and perhaps it was a favourite for that reason. The other is pretty much my style of photography- getting up close when possible and shooting details or the bare minimum in order to tell part of the story.
    Thanks again for joining in and for your kind words.

9. Well as always I appreciate being allowed to play in these Challenges - even when I seem to not have as much time as I originally expect to shoot.

A huge credit goes out to the rest of you who managed to keep this challenge going and posting something new nearly every day...

With so few to choose from of my own shots - I'd have to pick these two as my favorites.....and show off the versatility of the 300 F4 (and the 500D)

3705909140_8542577610_o.jpg

3688241376_6d87e4c8d2_o.jpg

10. sparticat

sparticat

May 29, 2008
    Illinois
    It's hard for me to pick two this time around because none of what I produced really knocked my socks off. I guess I would pick the following if only because I envisioned both of these shots ahead of time, executed them and they came out as I had as planned. Most of the rest were really just recording moments in time that I happened to be present at.

20090722-_DSC8158.png

View attachment 388655

11. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    I would agree with your choice Mark! These two are very nice captures.
    Thanks for joining the challenge.

12. These are two fantastic images Paul- colour (or color), contrast, sharpness and composition are all wonderful. A testament to your abilities and to the equipment that you chose for the month. Thanks for joining in- I really enjoyed your thread.

13. Thanks for being involved Mark. I really like your 2 choices- I am also in the minimalist school and appreciate what you are trying to tell us with these pictures. The fact that you have one in colour and one in monochrome is also a big plus for me- thanks again and great work this past month!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.