July

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My kids love July 4th. Our community has so many activities that make it a really fun day. Over the years they've enjoyed dressing for the occasion. Now that tradition is being carried on with the grandkids. The girls wanted me to get some photos of the kids in their July 4th outfits. (Photos with flags removed. See Note below photos.)

These may not be super portraits, but we sure did have fun trying.

Ladies' first
    original.

Next--birthday suits!!:biggrin:

View attachment 106994

* After some thinking, I decided to take off the photos of the boys with the flag. It might be seen by some as a sign of disrespect to be sitting on a flag and I don't want to portray that. We are definitely patriotic in our household and wouldn't want to be disrespectful in any way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    These all made me smile...but Birthday Suits is my absolute favorite!

Keep the pics coming!

3. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    This series look very nice to me, Terri. #2 is my fav too! :wink: Thanks for sharing. You all sure had fun!

4. Very adorable! I must admit that I'm a little disturbed that they are lying/sitting on the flag, though.

I love the one of the naked babies.

5. What a great series of shots Terri, the lighting really adds to them as well. It is so hard to get kids to pose and you have done an admirable job with these.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ya did good
    They are adorable

7. My gosh Terry. Send those shots to The Gap's marketting dept. !!
    Jaden's energy level causes me to burn calories just watching him!! LOL

8. Lovely set. Sooooooooo cute!!!!

9. Wonderful All!

10. OnlyJess243

OnlyJess243 Guest

lighting and subjects are perfect. i wish i could have such great subjects! very nice work..theyre not super portraits they're better!

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    There is nothing cuter that a naked baby, is there.

We did have fun. Sure wish you could come and give me some lessons, though.

Shellie,
    I thought about whether or not we should use the flag. My daughter brought it and wanted to use it. Still not sure how I feel about it. Thanks for expressing your concerns.

Gordon,
    We decided that posing is really not an option. We place them so that they will all be in the frame and fire away! The lighting is fun to play with, that's for sure.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Gale. I agree about them being adorable.:wink:

Jim,
    I think his energy is quite typical for a two year old, but he is fun. Since I never had any little boys myself I am really getting a kick out of him.

Thanks, Phil. I have to take photos of them while I can. Once they are mobile it is so much harder.

Thanks, Darrell.

Thank you so much. I'm sure glad I have these little people in my life. It's nice, too, because I am getting a lot of portrait practice while they are little.

13. LisaR

LisaR Guest

Great pictures Terri .... it's so much fun watching them grow. You have some great shots there!

14. My, how those babies have grown!!! Great series, Terri. Jaden is still a little cutie. :smile:

15. Teri, After posting I wondered if I was going to offend you. I hope I didn't. That was not my intention. My husband is a soldier who was activated from the Reserves 5 1/2 years ago (my kids are growing up without their dad). I am really sensitive to that kind of thing. After seeing those pictures (which are absolutely adorable) I even looked up the flag code to make sure I wasn't wrong.