Jumeirah Waterfront Night Panorama

Here's a slightly different angle, taken from the cresent of the Palm, Jumeirah and looking back along the shoreline.

11 compositions at 35mm, with 5 exposures per composition.

I've still got a little pp to do as I've missed a few star trails and a bit of the sky needs touching up.

The Carl Zeiss 2/35 on DX yielded better detail than the Nikkor 24-70mm at 48mm, which is pretty impressive. I'm either going to continue to edit this pano to completion or just try again with my new toy, the D700.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Full size version here:

http://philpage.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p705348080.jpg

The full size version is a great panorama, belongs on a wall in a frame! I am curious about the blue cast, whether that is how it looks live or is it PP or camera casting. I am also curious if and how much cropping was done.

David

Thanks for the comments. That's pretty much how it looked. The moon was full and just out of frame, plus there was a slight humidity mist which didn't give the best visibility at the time - this also effected the lights near sea level. There was only very minor cropping from the left.

I've got a good spot for the panorama, I just need good conditions now which will help it become a wall hanger in the future.

My wife says she likes it apart from the cranes and the fact that the view isn't complete. I like the spots on the cranes at night though, which brings something else to the skyline. Hey, it's a panorama of Dubai - you can't avoid cranes!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom