Jumped in!

Real Name
Paul
It was my birthday on Saturday and as I went out to do some grocery shopping my wife said, "Go buy yourself a birthday present." My immediate reaction - :eek: I came home with the groceries and she said, "I don't see a bag from Lens and Shutter." Yikes, she was serious. I have been researching a camera that will be a bit more capable at high ISO than my D300 (which I really like) as our son is getting married in early July and we're having a second grandchild born in mid October. So, as I had to make a second trip for some supper refreshments :wink: I made a detour to the camera shop. I picked up a D7000 and two 16gb SDHC cards.

I have to say, I love the low ISO capability of this camera. The movie function is pretty nifty, too. Using manual focus on the lens is pretty easy as the camera picks up the auto focus motor really easily. That's one thing that drove me nuts with my old video camera - motor noise on the tape. I'm thinking that I might just have to spring for an external mike although the more I use the lens in manual focus more I like it as the auto focus does hunt a bit. (Just have to slow the grandson down a bit. :wink:)

Anyways, a bit rambling and all over the place. Just wanted to share.

Real Name
Paul
Thanks, guys. Once I come to grips with it I'll surely be posting results. Still trying to figure out how to get pics/movies off the second card without having to pop it out and put it in the first card slot.

Real Name
Paul
From the few photos I've taken outside (in between raindrops) I've noticed that the D7000 overexposes about .5 of stop; whereas my D300 consistently underexposes. Interesting.

Congrats on the camera. It took a while to get used to it, coming from a D200, which kind of surprised me a little. .

From the few photos I've taken outside (in between raindrops) I've noticed that the D7000 overexposes about .5 of stop; whereas my D300 consistently underexposes. Interesting.

Change your picture control to -1 brightness. I think you will find a different result.

You may want to look at the settings in the camera for the different metering types. You can dial in exposure variations in the Menu that are unseen. Custom Menu b5.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom