Jumping Spider

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Tamron 90 wide open at 1:1, cropped, hand held, small reflector and all natural light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Martin

2. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    My, what huge eyes (and "teeth") you have. Great photo, Martin. Sharp, and the focus right on. Excellent capture.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    good grief I need new glasses again... Seeing double.. :>))

Great shot .

thanks for sharing.

Now tell me ...How many eyes do they really have.

4. Thanks Jerry and Gale.

These spiders have eight eyes, jumpers being sight hunters have two big ones on the front that they use for focusing on there prey before there leap.

Martin

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OPPPPPSSSSS so sorry Martin :<( I am so bad. Forgive me. Gettin old is a B(**%&% believe me. :>(((((

So they really see through that many eyes.
    I have never seen one of these. If I do I hope i have my CP5000 and the macro lens with me :>)))

That is really a great little camera. LOL

6. Although I was well known for my keeping and lecturing on Tarantulas I absolutely adore these little critters, and these photos are spot on.
    Its their eyes that I find so compelling.They generally have 3 rows. the Anterior Medians are always large and this species looks as though they have green patinas, and if they have then you would more than likely find them in vegetation. The Anterior Laterals are smaller and set higher in the head and the Posterior Medians are tiny and could be vestigal. Whatever they have eyes in the back of their heads which help they to spot lunch with ease.
    Nice ones Kramp.

BW. Bob F.

7. Great pics!

Jumpers are so cute! It´s allways nice to see different kinds of them. Ofcourse I could be wrong, but I think that we have only two kind of them here... Yours is different than ours. Nice pics indeed!

8. Nice ones, Martin. I love jumping spiders, but these eyes can really get on you :smile:

Cheers

9. not sure how I missed these before. Great shots of a very interesting creature.
    Dave

10. Martin, these are stunning images (if that word applies to spiders). Focus is excellent, color as well. You have this macro thing down pat; however, I'm not certain I would want to get that close to a jumper.