June 23rd Michigan Gathering-Results

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Maestrodawg1, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Well, I just woke up so none of these photos are post processed. I really enjoyed the event. Perfect weather, perfect hosts, perfect historical Victorian home, perfect town on this day. For me it was a great escape from the big city life. For a gathering and shoot things could not have gone any better. There were however a ton of people which for photo stuff is not always the best thing. But you can't have everything.

Honestly the best part was meeting the people. Its nice to put faces to avatars here.

None of these photos is PP since some people want to see some results so bear with me. My wife said that I'm full of hot air so this was the perfect event for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the people:

Schnauzermom

[​IMG]

Gracious hosts:

[​IMG]

And Gracious Hosts Husband Paul. Ironic, he works accross the street from my wife.

[​IMG]

And the mass of humanity. It was hard to show in a picture just how many people showed up for this event.

[​IMG]

I had a really really great time.

2. WOW! I just love the balloons! Looks like ya'll DID have a great time! I'm really sad that we had to cancell our trip, but perhaps we can plan another at a future date. Now, bring on more pics! PLEASE!

3. I love your shots, Andy. Mine aren't processed either, other than resizing for posting. If you don't mind, I'm just going to tack them onto this post. We'll definitely have to get together this summer so our girls can meet! Thanks so much for coming out...it was great to meet you!

These are only from the gathering at my house, but later I'll put up some from the balloon launch and the moon glow.

My family started our day with the downtown dog show, and Melissa handled Trixie. Neither Trixie nor Murphy won anything, so obviously the judges were blind :wink:, but the goodie bags alone made it worth the effort :biggrin:!

[​IMG]

One of the best parts of this gathering (and dog owners will understand this) was having a house full of dog lovers...not dog-tolerators or merely dog-likers, but dog lovers. It makes hosting a party so much easier when no one is afraid of the canine critters! Here is Kerry with Trixie.

[​IMG]

I may just have to kidnap Kerry (though given his previous line of work, that may not be a good idea, lol!) There weren't any other kids at the gathering, so Kerry, being a kid at heart, jumped right in and played badminton and volleyball with Melissa. She was thrilled!!

[​IMG]

Cafe members Kerry (Kerry Pierce), Mark (MarkR) and Lisa (Schnauzermom.) Lisa is about to be a grandma for the first time (or may be already!)

[​IMG]

Andy (Masestrodawg1) and Melissa

[​IMG]

My husband, Paul, was our grillmaster. He was such a help at the gathering. He also comandeered my camera during the launch and filled up my memory card in 1 hour...something I don't do on a week's vacation, lol! I'll post his shots later.

[​IMG]

No snickering, please! Sometimes a vision seems a whole lot better in your head than it plays out in reality, lol! Melissa and I concocted this together.

[​IMG]

From left to right, Mark (MarkR), Lisa (Schnauzermom), Julie (jmelody's wife), Andy (Maestrodawg1) and Jim (jmelody). Jim loves to cook, so he made some wonderful chili and Spanish rice. His wife Julie is just the sweetest lady...I think I nearly lost my dog Trixie to her!

[​IMG]

Andy and Dave Birdsong

[​IMG]

Dave and his friends, Allison, Brittany and Jeff (with Lisa and Julie in the background.)

[​IMG]

Murphy. Why, you ask? Because he's yellow and a whole lot easier to photograph than my black dogs, lol!

[​IMG]

Ok, more to follow later. I got a call from city hall on Friday asking if I would interview for a position on the city's Zoning Board of Appeals. That little check-valve in my brain that's supposed to say "no" to any more responsibilities failed to work, so I said "yes, that sounds great." Now I'm meeting with the mayor, city manager, and city development director, and I sorely need to update my resume and come up with some talking points for my interview...gak!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful images.
    The ballons are great. All the folks look happy and having fun.

Anddddddddddddddddd ...CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wHAT A GREAT CAKE

5. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    The cake was adorable! :biggrin:

Annnnnnnnnnndd....I am a grandma! True to form, when you leave things to guys....Jason called my husband Bill. I have weight, time, length....and he forgot to ask what they named her! LOL! Baby girl, 5:05 this morning!

6. Paul edited his launch photos, so here they are. My moon glow ones will be done later tonight.

It's so neat to see the balloons all laid out on the field. It's amazing how close they are to one another.

[​IMG]

Going up!

[​IMG]

Phoenix was first in the air...

[​IMG]

Love the colors on these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caught the flame on this one and the pilot of the Boynton balloon, my favorite!

[​IMG]

Everyone's favorite, Boo!

[​IMG]

A sentimental favorite for me. Nearly every year, the balloons fly right over our house, and they're usually still quite low at that point. The first year we lived here, we were watching them from the back porch, and Melissa (4 at the time) recognized the logo and called out WHMI! They all leaned over and waved down at her!

[​IMG]

Felix the Cat was new this year. Quite appropriately, he was sponsored by a local veterinary practice!

[​IMG]

7. Congratulations, Lisa!!! I hope mom, dad and baby are all doing well.

8. Ok, last few from me.

I want to be 8 again, so I can snuggle under a blanket and watch the glow!

[​IMG]

And the glow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Awesome pics everyone! I am so glad that the weather was beautiful and that you all had a great time. Sommer -- thanks so much to you and Paul for opening your home to everyone. That is just so wonderful! And the cake looks really yummy!

10. From a friend

[​IMG]

11. Sommer, Paul, Melissa, Mort, Murphy & Trixie!

Thanks so much for making us feel so welcome at your beautiful home this past Saturday. It was great meeting you and your family, and it's especially nice to be able to finally put faces to names on the Cafe. How fun that even the youngest among us was a shutterbug that day. The food was fantastic, with the added treat of Orange Crush and orange slices! Hope you got some great shots at the Balloonfest! Can't wait to see them! Let's do something like this again soon...

Jim & Julie

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful ballons
    The glow is great

All wonderful images and looks like a great gathering and outings:>)))))

13. Thanks, Gale...we did have a great time!

Thanks, Jim and Julie! We would love to do this sort of thing again soon. We all live so close that we should definitely get together often. I think it's quite a stroke of luck that I happened to choose the only two "orange" products you can enjoy, Jim!

14. WOW, did we ever miss out! Melissa looked so cute all cuddled up with her dolly! I'm still sad that we couldn't make up it as planned, so I'm hoping for another chance later - there's talk about Christmas time, but dunno about that yet! Hope ya'll have more pics to show!

15. Dianne, definitely let us know if you head up around Christmas time. And if not then, maybe next summer....I'd love to do this gathering again. I'm hoping Kerry and Lisa will post their photos soon.

16. Some more shots from Saturday.

642176798_c3ce89fe54.

642177030_1997852f7d.

642177414_37d1ce1fc0.
    642177190_6b642d8eba.

642176564_3442161bc9.
    641309725_6bb6a93a33.

641309325_a94c2dd106.
    642175520_6014c6943e.

642175286_abf7a24535.

I took this a couple of days before, but what the heck. It goes with the theme!
    640764122_06dd23adac.

17. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Finally got a few done. :) Just resized....

Starting to inflate...

balloon2_182.

Getting ready to go...

balloon4_193.

18. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I like this one because of the flame...

balloon6_205.

balloon1_943.