June 26 - DPReview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I hadn't gone over there for quite a while but looked a few days ago. The big rumor was new Nikon DLSR introduced today. Without any substance people were going on and on.

Glad I stay here most of the time. Otherwise, I would be eating my heart out.

Damn hot here in New England. I was at the Plum Island beach at 6:20 this morning. I was cool for a bit till I go home to Nashua, about 45 miles west.

2. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Yeah, you can feel the froth all over the forums. I don't need the "envy" factor, so I'm staying away till some dust settles. Something must be happening in the next few days, I guess I'll go take...wait, there I go again.

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Ok, it's June 27th. Did Nikon make any announcement, because I haven't read about it.

4. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    No announcement was made.

5. Similar here, 87 degrees (31 Celcius) and it feels like 110 out there with the humidity, I wish I was outside running instead of stuck at work in an air conditionned office. I love hot and humid weather, makes me sweat like crazy while running, any other joggers here?

6. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Where do you live? I ran 7 miles this morning when it was only 85. (96 now.)

7. I am in Montreal :smile:

8. LOL @ anything posted on dpreview, and ROTFLOL @ anyone quoting anything on dpreview - like that article from some online mag last month (forgot the mag and the article, didn't forget that I laughed at it).

however I hope they do something soon, I really want to pick up a D200 or D2xs from someone jumping ship. Or another D50 for backup.

9. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Dude - I guess any relief we get here will not be from up north.

Andrew - I used to go there - till I joined here.

10. Allan,

it's only 2 days of heat and humidity in Montreal, that's all. For friday, minimum will be around 52 degrees (11 Celsius) and everybody will say a big Brrrrrrr.:smile:

For new top-of-the-line Nikon DSLR, wait till end of August :wink:

11. Brrrrrrrr 11 Celcius... Brrrrrr Dao, how have you been? I am back in Montreal, are you going to take some pictures at the Jazz Fest this weekend?

Why wait for a top of the line DSLR... I already have one :wink::smile::biggrin:

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I love my D200:>)))))

What you hear there, let it stay there ,when you come here:>))))

Cheers

13. ahoogerhuis

ahoogerhuis

Jan 19, 2006
    I was a bit caught up in the frenzy as the D200 approached, and before I got all the kit last summer. Now, with a bag full of nice lenses, my D200 and the old D70 is fenced off to a friend, I can lean back and when I check, there not a single shopping/rumour-related twitch to be felt. I have gear that I like, that works for me and I enjoy it a lot. Happy frothing and frenzying to those caught up in this stuff. :D 

-A

14. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Hmmm, let's see now. Sometime between January 1st and Decemeber 31st (not mentioning a year though!!) Nikon will announce something that a vocal minority will complain about, some will threaten to go over to Canon (why does no-one threaten to goto Sigma ?),even less will when they realise their existing Nikon kit is so devalued now and the first shipment will have firmware issues that 'those in the know' will tell every internet site it's the user not the camera although they themselves don't have one but magically a firmware upgrade and some being shipped back to Nikon will fix all users bad techniques.
    Think I've got it covered.
    Now you can congratulate my future visions and ideally shower me with money since I can't seem to get a clear image on the lottery numbers !!!!

15. When you put it that way it does sound a little silly doesn't it. I guess some people feel they have to be "in the know" all the time.

I guess it's about perspective and what you truly enjoy. Being smart all of the time and having the latest and greatest doesn't work for everybody.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.