June Hurley loves the Tomcat

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 5, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

This is June Hurley, one of the docents at the Carolina Aviation Museum in Charlotte, NC. Last year the Navy gave them a decomissioned F-14 Tomcat. He fondly recalls the day they brought this screaming machine in for a landing. I asked if he'd ever had his picture taken with it, and he said 'no'. I plan on taking him some prints tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blair

Blair

Jul 28, 2006
    Oregon
    kind of sad to see all those tomcats going out of service. top gun gave them a special spot in my heart.

3. Joshua............. cool............. just too cool! :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

'The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid. '
    Great Movie.

Thanks Graeme.

5. That sure beats: "The defense department regrets to inform you that your son is dead because we are stupid." Tragic reality.

To the OP, that's a great set. Particularly the first image. You can sense the pride in this man.

6. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Phillipe. He is quite happy and proud to volunteer here. I always see him when I'm here shooting. He just loves that plane!

7. I felt the same way about the A4 Skyhawk and A7 Corsair II. You know you're old when everything you flew is in a museum!

:rolleyes:

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

excellent photos ..fine use of the flash, Josh ....;-))

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thank you, Nute. A little of The Strobist got into me. I held the flash off camera with my left hand and let it fire wirelessly with some fill from the pop up.

10. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I was with Josh this day and a great day it was...Josh also took this photo but here
    is my version of the steps....The two guys that flew this grand ole girl in were kind
    enough to autograph the steps...Hope this adds a little to the story.

P.S. June's a cool old fellow. And loves his planes..

[​IMG]

11. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats a great addition, thanks Rod!

12. Nice shots; all of them! My step-dad built these jets at Grumman on Long Island. I got a tour of the facility once and it sure was impressive.