June Hurley loves the Tomcat

G

Gr8Tr1x

This is June Hurley, one of the docents at the Carolina Aviation Museum in Charlotte, NC. Last year the Navy gave them a decomissioned F-14 Tomcat. He fondly recalls the day they brought this screaming machine in for a landing. I asked if he'd ever had his picture taken with it, and he said 'no'. I plan on taking him some prints tomorrow.

149722301-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

149721765-L.jpg

kind of sad to see all those tomcats going out of service. top gun gave them a special spot in my heart.

'The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid. '
Great Movie.

That sure beats: "The defense department regrets to inform you that your son is dead because we are stupid." Tragic reality.

To the OP, that's a great set. Particularly the first image. You can sense the pride in this man.

G

Gr8Tr1x

To the OP, that's a great set. Particularly the first image. You can sense the pride in this man.

Thanks Phillipe. He is quite happy and proud to volunteer here. I always see him when I'm here shooting. He just loves that plane!

N

Nuteshack

excellent photos ..fine use of the flash, Josh ....;-))

G

Gr8Tr1x

excellent photos ..fine use of the flash, Josh ....;-))

Thank you, Nute. A little of The Strobist got into me. I held the flash off camera with my left hand and let it fire wirelessly with some fill from the pop up.

I was with Josh this day and a great day it was...Josh also took this photo but here
is my version of the steps....The two guys that flew this grand ole girl in were kind
enough to autograph the steps...Hope this adds a little to the story.

P.S. June's a cool old fellow. And loves his planes..

150534269-L.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom