1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jupiter Lighthouse

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Reggie, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    [​IMG]

Jupiter, FL lighthouse. HDR

D3X
    Nikkor 14-24 lens

2. Very nice shot.

3. Ooooo, pretty picture. I love the color of it. I am not sure though if the horizon line spliting the frame in half is at the best spot. Beautiful image none the less Ron.

God Bless,
    David

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Awesome!

5. very nice, I remember that light well...early 80's my brother & sister lived there, my Dad bought a condo and I went down there a lot...there were some folks in a luxury development nearby that formally requested the lighthouse be moved because the light was bothering them. Thankfully, their request was denied.

6. TonyM1

TonyM1

Jan 26, 2009
    Woodstock GA
    Cool shot

7. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    Beautiful photo. The rocks (i assume) in the bottom corner look odd to me. The color and reflections are fabulous!

8. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    Thank you LL. What you see at the bottom right of the photo is wet sand. I walked out to the edge of the sand exposed by a very low tide for the shot. I actually tried to get some shots that didn't show the sand, but when I got home and saw how the sand looked, I preferred the shots with the sand.

Aqualung, I remember the fight over the annoyance of the light. There's some uber expensive property in the area, and as we all know... money talks... usually.

Thank you all for your comments.

9. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Stunning photo! Thanks for posting.

10. Love it!

11. The horizon doesn't work for me. Otherwise the shot is perfect!!! Thank you for sharing!

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Sweet! Love those blues....

13. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    Ah, it is sand. The sand does anchor the shot nicely but something about it isnt fitting to me.

14. Spoogen_1

Spoogen_1

May 3, 2009
    Longmont, CO
    That pic is Epic

15. Sang Tran

Sang Tran

Oct 31, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    What a beatiful shot. Excellent work.

16. I like those things in the foreground at the bottom of the image.

17. quyd300

quyd300

Apr 3, 2008
    Houston
    Just lovely!

18. One of the better shots of this kind. Nice photography.

19. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Reggie,

Just gorgeous... so peaceful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.