Juried Show Entries

I'm entering two of my shots from this year into a juried show this coming week and I thought I'd post them here and keep you updated as to how I make out. You've seen them both previously, but I've processed them from scratch in RAW Magick this time and I think they came out pretty darned nice. These have both been printed at a full 13" x 19" on Cranes Museo 100% cotton paper and will be matted and framed. I've chosen 10 year old oak frames which I've re-finished which is really going against what you typically see in juried shows...but hey...maybe they'll stand out :) After I get them back from my framer, I'll post some shots of the completed pieces...

Here are the two images....Wish me luck!

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, I think you have a decent chance for an old guy.... :lol:

Seriously, these are both wonderful. Break a leg.

Frank..

Who are you calling old?

Speaking of breaking a leg....I stepped into a muscrat hole last night while shooting those ospreys and fell flat on my *** in the marsh. I kept the camera up in the air thankfully but boy did I twist my knee :(

Good thing that it was only a half mile walk back to the car...and a good thing my wife was with me!

They both should do very well...

jfenton said:
Who are you calling old?

Speaking of breaking a leg....I stepped into a muscrat hole last night while shooting those ospreys and fell flat on my *** in the marsh. I kept the camera up in the air thankfully but boy did I twist my knee :(

Good thing that it was only a half mile walk back to the car...and a good thing my wife was with me!

So, the Mrs carried the equipment back to the car for you? ;) Hope your ankle feels better soon. Sometimes sprains take a long time to heal.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
I wish you the best, Jim and your approach with the special framing is a good Idea, but your images speak for themselves. Keep us posted

B

Brew

I'd vote for both of those excellent shots so good luck to you... :D

They're both exceptional for different reasons. I swear the owl is going to move any second! The bird on the water is erie and fascinating at the same time. Good luck!

Rich

Rich

You're right on the money with the "I swear he's gonna move any second" comment. He was gone immediately after capturing this particular shot :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom