Jurrasic Park

I got this nephew who is really into dinosaurs, so when I was on a vacation, I came across this themepark with a lot of dino's in lifesize sizes. Among them there was this T-rex, but I would like to make the surroundings a little more "Jurassic Park" like, but have no clue how to acieve this in Photoshop. Would anyone care to give it a go, and tell what you did, so I can duplicate the procedure on other "dino's" from the same park.

1299533322_resized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you have Topaz Adjust, that would do it :) I am not at my home computer right now otherwise I would help...

Just a quick play

no time to really do anything but just a quick idea....

Needs time and effort to do it properly but this was a 10 minute play

If it is something in the style you want I can explain a workflow etc

Ray

ncdinosaur.jpg

HOLY S..T! Ray that just unbeliveable how you made my picture look. That absolut fantastic and excactly what I was looking for. I would like VERY much to know a little about what you did and where you found the backgound.

Hi

I am glad you like the idea,,,,it would be better if it was an out of bounds but didn't have time..

However...all I did was the following...

Google search for Jurassic landscape/dinosaurs/ancient lands etc....anything like that which will bring up the type of images you want.

Then I quickly and roughly masked out parts of the dinosaur in your image and dropped the new b/g behind it.

I then cleaned up and worked on mask for a minute....

Then merged as one.

Applied Lucis Wyeth plugin

The denoise 4 by topaz

A little painting with light to bring out your dinosaur and that was it.

If you e mail me a full size version of your original I will try and do something properly if I can get time.

My e mail is

ray@barrowbcrg.demon.co.uk

Once done I could send you the psd file to see the steps etc...

Hope that may help

Best wishes
Ray

OK, I tried some of your suggestions and came up with this one:
1299690096_resized.jpg

Not up to par with yours, but fun to make. I will mail you the full size version, so I can follow the psd file. That will really help

regards Jorn

a little more time and attention

but still needs more work.
Working against the clock as not much time.....

Ray

dinosaurcopym.jpg

Very beautiful OOB work Ray, but I prefer the first one where it's more in it's natural environment. I think that one of the trickiest parts is the masking of the dinosaur so it looks natural, but you certainly have got that spot on.

I agree

I prefer the more natural approach....

I have kept the psd so if I can find time I will adjust to let you have something different.

very best wishes

Ray

No problem. I have already printet out you two contributions, and my nephew loved them, so take all the time you need.

Regards Jorn

Latest threads

Top Bottom