1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just 2 ok pics out of 100's

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    As I mentioned earlier, I was for the most part, using my 200-400VR+TC1.4 screwed directly onto a monopod in rather windy conditions, but also, I left the VR on, and probably didn't give it time to settle when I pressed the shutter halfway down. Extremely poor keeper rate... even for me! :Shocked:
    I did get these 2 shots
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. as frustrating as that may have been, these are good and well worth keeping.
    Dave

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

It was a windy day last winter that I decided to eschew my beloved monopod and learn to use a tripod. I've never regretted the decision. I have a question. Why did you decide not to use the Sidekick for this session? After using it (and the big Wimberley), I can't imagine trying to shoot flying birdies without some kind of gymbol head. :Shocked:

4. I'll bet there were more keepers than that. None of the Frigate birds?

Well, that means we have to go out and do it all over again with proper tripod rigs...:smile:

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    lol, ya, proper tripod rigs, and a Sherpa

to carry it all!

6. start the protien shakes yet me and Harris are goign to make a bird photgrapher out of you even if it kills you.. I mean us

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well the 2 you got are great, but I know the feeling and I feel your pain.

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

This is what Steve needs.
    On this golf cart is a 200-400 VR, 300 VR, D2X, and D2H mounted on lens as well as the Gitzo 1325, with leveling center and full Wimberley Head,

Birger

[​IMG]

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice Steve. Hey if you get two keepers in a day, its a good day.

10. Both very nice shots Steve. I saw my first Wood Stork the other day but didn't get this kind of shot of it. ( I think the second image is a Wood Stork.)

louie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.