Just 2 ok pics out of 100's

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    As I mentioned earlier, I was for the most part, using my 200-400VR+TC1.4 screwed directly onto a monopod in rather windy conditions, but also, I left the VR on, and probably didn't give it time to settle when I pressed the shutter halfway down. Extremely poor keeper rate... even for me! :Shocked:
    I did get these 2 shots
    original.
    original.

2. as frustrating as that may have been, these are good and well worth keeping.
    Dave

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

It was a windy day last winter that I decided to eschew my beloved monopod and learn to use a tripod. I've never regretted the decision. I have a question. Why did you decide not to use the Sidekick for this session? After using it (and the big Wimberley), I can't imagine trying to shoot flying birdies without some kind of gymbol head. :Shocked:

4. I'll bet there were more keepers than that. None of the Frigate birds?

Well, that means we have to go out and do it all over again with proper tripod rigs...:smile:

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    lol, ya, proper tripod rigs, and a Sherpa

to carry it all!

6. start the protien shakes yet me and Harris are goign to make a bird photgrapher out of you even if it kills you.. I mean us

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well the 2 you got are great, but I know the feeling and I feel your pain.

8. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

This is what Steve needs.
    On this golf cart is a 200-400 VR, 300 VR, D2X, and D2H mounted on lens as well as the Gitzo 1325, with leveling center and full Wimberley Head,

Birger

[​IMG]

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice Steve. Hey if you get two keepers in a day, its a good day.

10. Both very nice shots Steve. I saw my first Wood Stork the other day but didn't get this kind of shot of it. ( I think the second image is a Wood Stork.)

louie