Just 3 birdies

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Well, these are from last week's trip to the rookery over at Southwestern Medical Center. I hope to go back when the rain stops long enough! The lighting and weather conditions were tough to deal with, not to mention my lens actually being too long! :rolleyes:

632714821_da4dcfac57_o.

View attachment 102914

View attachment 102915

2. Nice Dianne Darn Nice!!!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Dianne:>))))))

Good shootin

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    These are actually pretty darn nice Dianne. I love #3 especially. In #1 the oof leaves make a natural vignette around the bird which is very interesting. Well done!

5. Thanks Gary! Even though the lighting was tough and my lens was too long, we all had fun!

Thanks Gale!

Thanks! This place was amazing to be so small and have so many different birds! It was fun trying for different "looks."

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Dianne,

These are really good! You handled the highlights perfectly, which I am quickly learning is not as easy as it would seem. The detail you see - especially in #1, on an all white bird - is perfect.

The glint really shows in the eye on #3.

Lastly, I love the beak detail in #2. That is one of the most uniquely identifying characteristics in the larger birds, and #2 really shows the beak's "wear and tear"!

Way to go!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  7. Thanks John! eng45ine was the one that helped me quit blowing my highlights so much, then I've had so many others that have generously helped in other areas - if it wasn't for so many wonderful experienced people on this forum, I wouldn't have these to be proud of! It was definitely a fun day and I'm planning on going back if the rain ever stops! Hmmm, maybe I should invest in a boat!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nicely done Dianne.

9. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    #3 is very good.

10. WOW!!!! WOW again! These are wonderful, Dianne! Boy, don't I envy you the opportunity to see and shoot these gorgeous creatures! You've really done a terrific job here, getting exposure just right and everything. :smile:

11. Thanks Flew! I hope to go back if the rain ever stops!

Thanks Sha He! We gotta go back over there for sure!

Thanks Connie! I didn't even know about this place until Sha He said something about it. It was so much fun but oh the smell! Next time gotta take a clothes pin! I couldn't get over the variety of birds in such a small place either! I have more pics, but dunno if they're "postable."