just a bit different

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Did not do much on the birds this weekend but spent a bunch of time organizing my image files and learning photoshop techniques.
    Found this feeding rabbit from a trip to Chincoteague. This was processed in Nikon capture.
    [​IMG]

2. Hey, this guy is really cute. Nice capture. I spent some time reviewing and trying to find image files this weekend too. It's amazing what you'll find. This one is a choice example. Great find!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Thanks Virginia, good to hear from you! I have admired your PS skills for a long time and have been working on them this weekend as a result.
    Dave

4. Thanks for the compliment, Dave. Glad to hear you are making progress with your Photoshop skills. PS is one of those things you just have to experiment with. I was wondering how did you do your Challenge entry? Is that a PS motion blur you used?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Dave...very nice shot of this bunny. I think they are adorable and you captured him/her well.

6. What lens did you use? I've never been able to get that close...they always dash off! Cool shot with him nibblin'!

7. Melissa and Kevin,
    Appreciate your comments. This was taken with the 200-400 VR and 1.4TC
    He never knew I was there. watched him for about 20 minutes.
    Dave

8. Virginia,
    Yes it was a motion blur filter in PS. The key to it working is angling the dial to the direction of percieved motion.
    Dave

9. very nice...

So Dave what is your trick to sharp images with the D2X.. I seem to be having a slight problem lately...

10. eric,
    Most every thing I know I learned or was refferred to here. I am sleepy now so I will not get into some of the specifics just now, but I will get with you via email and give you some of my settings for comparison.
    Dave

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Best looking bunny shot I've seen !!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shot Dave. I have to agree that it's one of the best bunny shots that I've seen. :smile:

13. Ben and Frank,
    Thanks!