just a couple of "tree rat" photos

Well, I finally got around to filling up all the feeders today and moving one. This little guy wasted no time on going in for a snack. I actually believe he's smiling in the first photo!

508629804_de7c378ffe_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used my light sphere on this one - experiment
View attachment 96790

Can you blame him? LOL

Nope, no blaming him here! I love feeding the little critters! I've actually thought about buying some alfalfa for the rabbits, but my critter food bill is already a bit much and I'm trying to cut down a bit. But so far, hubby hasn't complained. He's just happy I'm happy to sit outside and shoot whatever comes in the yard. The kids and cats enjoy the critters too! Thanks, Gary!

Hey, Dianne,

First shot is wonderful! He is smiling, I think. The second shot is very nice, but I think I like the lighting in the first one better. Maybe it's the darker background in the second shot, or the sense that there's a shadow behind the squirrel that you were clever enough to obscure in your shot, but it seems to look more artificial. Or maybe it's the shadows on his face that are missing in the second shot... not quite sure what, but the first one looks better to me.

And don't you just love'em! I have small stones below my bird feeders and the squirrels turn them over and dig into them and scatter them all over the place to get the sunflower seeds that land there. It's as much fun watching the squirrels as it is the birds!

Fun shots. God bless.
Doug

Hey, Dianne,

First shot is wonderful! He is smiling, I think. The second shot is very nice, but I think I like the lighting in the first one better. Maybe it's the darker background in the second shot, or the sense that there's a shadow behind the squirrel that you were clever enough to obscure in your shot, but it seems to look more artificial. Or maybe it's the shadows on his face that are missing in the second shot... not quite sure what, but the first one looks better to me.

And don't you just love'em! I have small stones below my bird feeders and the squirrels turn them over and dig into them and scatter them all over the place to get the sunflower seeds that land there. It's as much fun watching the squirrels as it is the birds!

Fun shots. God bless.
Doug

Hiya Doug! Thanks! I went back and compared the 2 again and yep, I think the 1rst one is better. I was just goofing off. I love the little guys too! I feed them to keep em happy and away from the bird feeders. I haven't thought about putting small stones around the feeders, but no matter what, the critters are all happy around my house except when the neighbor's dog starts barking - then they scatter!

Hey Dianne it looks really red in that first photo, is it a red squirrel? Looks like a gray in the other. When I saw your tital I though you had some photos of wood rats and jumped right in as they are on the endangered species list and I would love to have seen them. But you showed me a critter I can't tell if hes red or gray. How about a little help here lady:biggrin::biggrin:
Lou

They are cute
Nice shots

Thanks Gale! Despite the noise the kids were making, the lure of the food was just too much to keep him/her away! LOL

Hey Dianne it looks really red in that first photo, is it a red squirrel? Looks like a gray in the other. When I saw your tital I though you had some photos of wood rats and jumped right in as they are on the endangered species list and I would love to have seen them. But you showed me a critter I can't tell if hes red or gray. How about a little help here lady:biggrin::biggrin:
Lou

Thanks Lou! I really don't know what kind of squirrel it is. I think it may be a gray. Wood rats? Now that's a critter I'll have to look up on the net and see what they look like!

It is a lot of fun watching these guys. My yard is now full of birds (thanks to "bird lady") and well these fellows. Mine smile too when they find a pistachio in there.:676:
You have to love them. It would stress me out to try and chase them away. Great shots.

It is a lot of fun watching these guys. My yard is now full of birds (thanks to "bird lady") and well these fellows. Mine smile too when they find a pistachio in there.:676:
You have to love them. It would stress me out to try and chase them away. Great shots.

Hiya! Yep, my yard keeps everyone entertained = the kids, the cats, the neighbor's dog :frown:, and me! Between birds, squirrels, and rabbits we just have a ball! Everyone has his own feeder!

Latest threads

Top Bottom