Just a few butterflies

5808721789_ffda2d1876_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5809288688_c836145916_b.jpg

5809286794_9cfcd60fd9_b.png

Nice shots, Kelly, but there's no such thing as "just a butterfly":biggrin: Even the common cabbage white (Pieris rapae) is elegant with your photography:wink:. I'm having trouble with the ID of the last one -- my first thought was zebra swallowtail (Eurytides marcellus), but the markings are a bit different from the ones I'm used to seeing. [maybe a regional variant]

Hi Kelly! Nice Butterflies!
I'm fairly new here, so please forgive me if this is frowned upon....
#1 is my favorite, but I'd like to see a bit cropped off the bottom. Just my opinion, and certainly not intended to be mean or otherwise :) I just know its nice to hear some other options for things.
Quinn

Nice shots, Kelly, but there's no such thing as "just a butterfly":biggrin: Even the common cabbage white (Pieris rapae) is elegant with your photography:wink:. I'm having trouble with the ID of the last one -- my first thought was zebra swallowtail (Eurytides marcellus), but the markings are a bit different from the ones I'm used to seeing. [maybe a regional variant]

Thanks, Bob. I'm still trying to get the cabbage white in the perfect exposure -- they are quite a challenge for me! The last one is indeed a zebra swallowtail, but I think a variation with the orange spots.

Beautiful Kelly! I'm partial to the colors in #1 and those big gorgeous black button eyes!

Me too! I love the skippers even though they don't have the exotic wings other butterflies do. They are very cheerful to me. Thanks for commenting.

I'm partial to the oddly colored on in the borage. Nice shots.

Awesome work! Love #1

Thanks! :smile:

The skipper picture is really sweet.

Larry

Thanks, Larry, and he was very cooperative. :smile:

Hi Kelly! Nice Butterflies!
I'm fairly new here, so please forgive me if this is frowned upon....
#1 is my favorite, but I'd like to see a bit cropped off the bottom. Just my opinion, and certainly not intended to be mean or otherwise :) I just know its nice to hear some other options for things.
Quinn

Not frowned upon at all, Quinn. I've learned more from folk's constructive suggestions here on this forum than anywhere else. I think I agree with you on this one:

5812385757_70e7bc51a9_b.png

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Great shots, especially the first one! Well done! Color and detail are excellent! Crop version focuses more attention on the butterfly...but they are both excellent!

I also prefer the cropped version of #1, it removes the distracting bright flower under the subject and also appears to present a more simple, stronger composition.
I'd be proud of either version!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom