Just a few shots I thought I might share...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Just a few shots I thought I might share... :biggrin:

Enjoy Comments and Critiques welcome Fire away!!!

A Grebe with fishy

Egret That Became Camera Shy

Native to the Southwest
    Curved Bill Thrasher

Cactus Wren

White Winged Dove

2. Eric, first the good: 3-6 are kick butt. The crop on 4 could be a little better to show the wren looking out of the frame instead of just being 'in the frame'...

The first two are also great, but will really benefit from some time in the digital darkroom. I know you are working on honing your PP skills so keep these as some of your first test images and post the before/after in the Reznick thread I started over in the Technical Discussion Forum here at the Cafe...I really think the grebe would be a great print with proper contrast and shadow detail (you will learn in Reznick's e-book when you get it).

PS: When do you get Ron's ebook?

3. Thanks Brett...I just got the book on Saturday and have not looked at it as of yet. I will have to read through it one of these days and see what I am missing in the PP skills work. Sometimes I can get a image just right and other times I miss the mark somehow...

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

All good Eric
    Like the tone/color on the headless Egret !! :smile:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty good series of shots Eric. You have several species here that we don't see in this part of the country. Very nicely done. :smile:

6. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Great shots Eric (except for the color of the sky behind the dove, it looks fake :wink: ) Just kidding!

7. Thanks Frank.. See this is why you should come out here to the west coast...

8. Thanks I think... In regard to the Sky you have to remember those Arizona skies.. :^)

9. Nice set but the curved bill thrasher really stands out.