1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just a quick question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoJo2Fast, Aug 30, 2008.

1. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    So I have 2 pocketwizards (the Plus II) and I have an SB-800 and I want to start using it off camera though I believe I need a cord for the flash and pocketwizard and maybe I need one for the camera and PW? Or is it connected through where the flash would sit? Sorry maybe stupid questions just trying to figure it out before I go to the store haha, thanks!

2. The whole idea of PW's is to get your flash off-camera without cords. You should have one transmitter that sits on the hotshoe of the camera, and one receiver which connects to the flash. No cords involved.

3. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    The cord that came with the PW though doesnt seem to connect to the flash anywhere though, thats why it seemed as if I needed to buy one that connects the two.

4. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    And how would the pocket wizard be connected to the camera and to the flash? You'll need two small PC cords (12", maybe even shorter) - 1 to connect PW to camera (the "foot" is just that - a piece of plastic to attach it to the shoe of your camera, no electrical connections) and one to connect the other PW to your flash.

5. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Thanks Bart, thats what I was getting at, can these be picked up at any local electronics store? Best Buy, Ritz, etc?

6. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    bump

anyone?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.