Just a test ...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 3, 2008.

1. This is frame number one from the first serious roll of film that I've developed in 25 years! I used to be a die hard HC110 user but none was available locally so I bought some D-76. I purposely chose to shoot in an extreme lighting situation - high noon on a summer's day, temp 95ยบ and rising! I pulled the film, shooting the Tri-X at ISO 200 and shortened the developing time by 15%.

[​IMG]

I've got true black to white while maintaining detail in the deep shadow and sunlit areas. Not the most interesting subject matter but I'm satisfied with dynamic range. I might just have to shoot some more of this "real" black and white film!:biggrin: I'm also quite happy with the lack of overt grain.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Some people think trix in D76 is the only true black and white.

It might be the scan, or the lighting, or the pull processing, but this seems to be lacking in contrast on the bicycle. Or it could just be me. I like a punchy bike.

3. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    It's dark overall but that's probably my old eyes or laptop screen. I like it and I especially like the special power generated by the kickstand positioning.