Just an inconsequential pic.

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I had this sitting on my desktop. I shot it with the mfourp the other day, but it was severely underexposed. This is my favorite waitress, who is moving to Austin next month. I just love how the framelines of the Leica facilitate lining things up!

[​IMG]

Please comment if you are so moved.

2. Technically, the grain goes a bit haywire, but who cares about that?

I love the emotion in the image. Makes me want to get to know whomever this delightful person is.

3. yes i don't care that the grain goes 'HayWire', at first sight, it did appear that way, now, after some strong coffee, the way the frame is broken up with dark and light, plus the stiff and coarse grainy attributes of the hand gesture along with apparent 'movement' of the throat/neck region are well served by the haywireness....in particular..those grippy hands...and when it all finnishes up..the framed image on the wall right upper quadrant is really intrigueing in an inconsequential kind of way...i..uh...rather..mean the overall image is completed by this small frame, yet leads me off to other questions

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Ed and Rodney. Yeah, the grain is wild. The negative was very thin, so this is the result of scanning with a strong curve. I have noticed that this grain-like mottling occurs when I do that. I don't think it's grain though, more like scanner noise.

Yeah Ed, she is cool. I go to Baby Kay's Cajun restaurant at least in part, for the chance to visit. Well, and the food's really good too.