1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just Another Day at the Airport

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by crash141, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I was out goofing around at the local airport the other day

_DSC6614.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC6578.jpg

_DSC6441.jpg

_DSC6480.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Nice set, but your third image stands out for me.

3. Interesting images, but the large "Proudly Hosted By Photobucket" watermark seems rather intrusive......strange that they would insert their own watermark. Are they now doing this on all images which people share from their Photobucket accounts?

4. I had the same thought. Great images, all of them. But that watermark... What's up with that?

5. I'm not sure what's up with it. It doesn't happen on other websites.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    “Props” on getting perfect prop blur! Well done.

7. I finally got around to checking out that whole "Proudly Hosted by Photobucket" watermark thing and it turns out that this is their way of more-or-less nudging people into going for a paid plan if they don't like that obtrusive and deliberately obnoxious watermark splattered all over their images.

Well, folks, take a look around: there are other very good image / gallery hosting services out there.....

From their site:

"Photobucket hosts over 30 million images for free every day! In order to keep our basic hosting services absolutely free for all members, we overlay a “proudly hosted on Photobucket” watermark on all images that are displayed by our free members on sites other than photobucket.com.

By watermarking images, we are able to reduce our brand marketing expenses to offset our bandwidth costs. Everyone wins!

If you prefer your images to remain watermark-free, we invite you to upgrade to one of our affordable plans that includes enhanced hosting services starting at $4.03/month (billed annually)."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  8. Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll look for another sight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.